Me On Monday

Dotted in between my Monday morning waffling are the final photos from the art exhibition, 'Celebrating Art in the Garden'.

So, Monday finds me feeling raring to go in a gently-paced-let's-not-be-silly sort of way. This morning I'll pop over to see J for a few games of Rummikub and on the way back will call into the Town Hall to collect some folders and music. As part of the presentations on Saturday, the children being promoted to the junior band will swap their beginners' tutor book for their band music folder - I just have to get them ready! 

'The Ponderer' by Jilly Sutton MRSS

This afternoon I'll carry on with the bits and bobs of admin. There's nothing particularly important left to do, but it's very satisfying to get it out of the way. Once that's done, probably about a couple of hours work, I'll make a start on moving the remaining stuff from the old laptop. This is mostly photos, all of which are backed up on a separate hard drive, but I miss having some of my older photos appearing randomly on the screen saver so I'll select some suitable ones and find them a home on the new laptop.


'Old Salt' by Jilly Sutton MRSS

The exciting news of the weekend is that the guy who is going to do all the home improvements in late September, emailed to say he could make a start on some of the smaller jobs next week. I don't know which ones he'll choose to do, and don't really mind, but it'll be lovely to get things started. One of the things to do is a repair to the garden gate and part of the fence so if he decides to start work on those, what's the betting that it'll rain?


'Bruiser' by Dominic Clare

When I was sorting through paperwork for filing yesterday I came across the initial letter from the eye department at the hospital stating that I'd be called back for another eye examination after three months. Well, that appointment should have been some time in June but there's been no sign of it, so I need to phone the department and see what's happening. 


'I Was In Two Minds' by Dominic Clare
I can't think of anything else to tell you so I'm off to get my breakfast now - dippy egg with toast soldiers, black coffee and possibly some fruit to finish.

Comments

  1. Lovely photos!

    I hope you have a good day and accomplish all what you want to do. Monday has just barely begun, here (12:11 a.m. as I type this). I will get ready for bed in a bit and I hope I have a productive Monday, myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, don't stay up too late. I hope you have a good night's sleep and accomplish all that you want to on Monday.

      Delete
  2. Interesting art work although not really my thing. Yes I would ring about your appointment. I know you go to the RUH and I go to Bristol Eye Hospital I rang because I hadn't had a follow up appointment through. They said I was on a waiting list for an appointment and would hear when one was available. I then got one within a few days. It was a catch up clinic on a Saturday which meant it was also much less hanging about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've phoned but had to leave a message, so will chase i u if they don't contact me soon. I hope your eye probkem is sorting itself out.

      Delete
  3. Old Salt is fabulous! How I would love to own it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, although it was too big for my garden.

      Delete
  4. I just discovered your blog today and am very much enjoying your posts. I have read back through several of your posts and love the sculptures and garden art that you have photographed, items that I would never have known about without seeing them here, so much artistic inspiration. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susie. I'll be over to visit your blog later on.

      Delete
  5. I like all those face statues. We wandered an outdoor art display on Sunday in search of SPSH items but found nothing as interesting as your faces. And from yesterday's post, I'm with Lady Ella, I like shredding too, if I'm in a mood I just pretend that written on the intended shredded paper is my mood in words ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's because you and Lady Ella are wierd! 😂😂

      Delete
  6. Really super sculptures. Very interesting. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy, it really was a fantastic exhibition.

      Delete
  7. The two minds one is clever.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked that one as well. In all the publicity material it was photographed with both facing head on to the camera, separated by a small gap. In my opinion that was much more effective than the way it was displayed when I saw it.

      Delete
  8. Weird? WEIRD?! US??? You have mixed us up with some other folk you know.

    Hope the day continued as well as it began. The sculptures are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no I'm sure I haven't made a mistake. You're just in denial!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts