Saturday

It seems to be a day for getting organised. Band starts back next week so the music team met this morning to talk over what we want to achieve during the autumn term and identify any areas of weakness that need to be addressed. From that meeting I've gained a few extra tasks but have until the beginning of October to get them done. As I was driving home I felt a bit overwhelmed but then common sense took over - I'm retired now and have plenty of time to achieve all that needs to be done, so no problem!

I'm halfway through sewing the name labels on Little Miss C and Little Miss H's new school uniforms. I've stabbed my finger so many times that I decided on a break ... I'll complete this post, have a mug of coffee and then I'll get back to it. Thankfully there's not too much to do this year. When my nephew comes round to collect it all tomorrow he's going to help me take some stuff to the skip - actually, he doesn't know that yet, but ...!

This weekend, I need to move the remaining boxes upstairs, move my clothes out of the cupboard in my bedroom, and clear all the toiletries out of the bathroom and en-suite. By the time I go to bed tomorrow I want everything to be ready for them to start work on Monday. All of the rooms they are working in will be empty with the exception of the sofa and TV in the living room (which they'll have to work around).

The tiles will be delivered on Monday, replacement bath and basin for the family bathroom on Tuesday, and the replacement toilets will be purchased once the work has started (as the style will be determined by whether the pipes can be hidden under the floorboards or still have to be boxed in above floor level). I'm still waiting for a delivery date for the new dual fuel towel rail for the family bathroom but that will be the last thing to be delivered. I bought the bathroom taps and a replacement kitchen tap yesterday but I'm struggling to sort out the new internal door handles so have decided to wait until N is here and can help with the selection. I know the style I want and can sort out the ones for the ordinary doors, it's the privacy ones for the cloakroom and bathroom that I'm struggling to get to grips with. I need to wait as I obviously want them all to match.

The leather samples for the sofa arrived this morning. I'll have to ask for some others as, although one of the colours would do, I haven't really fallen in love with any of them and need more inspiration before I place the order. I've also chosen (probably) the TV unit which I can go to see in their Swindon showroom before making the final decision. Both of these items have a 9+ weeks delivery, so I need to get the orders placed this week, if possible. I still have to choose the armchair(s) but so far haven't seen anything I like. And then, it'll be time to think about the soft furnishings ... the best bit, so can't wait!

Comments

  1. How exciting.I feel daunted by the decorators coming a week on Monday to paint the hall,stairs and landing .Picking colours and also a new carpet.I hope we are going to get some photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like all the fittings are coming together, nicely! You are going to have a whole new home, when it is all done! If I may ask, what prompted you to make all these renovations?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts