Tiny Steps Forward!

Today's post is much shorter than the previous one, I promise. You can breathe a sigh of relief if you want to ...

N, D, J, J and A came round last night to agree their plan for the work. D and J  (plumbers) will be in on Thursday 20th September to start in the ensuite, and bring a cold water supply down to the back wall of the house for an external tap. They'll also repair a minor leak in the downstairs cloakroom, install a new tap and box in the boiler pipe in the kitchen. J (electrician) will be in before that date to do the first fix on the electrics. N will be in as and when to do all that's necessary so that A (plasterer) will be able to skim the living room and bathroom ceilings w/c 24th September. The majority of the work will start the first week of October. As I'm typing this I feel all bubbly with excitement, even though it's a later start date than originally agreed. The end is in sight!

My BiL is coming round later this morning to dig out the climber in the front garden. It's too big for the space so it's going to be replanted in their garden and trained up against some of the trees, where it can grow to its full height. It's been a constant battle to keep it away from the boiler flue so it'll be a relief for it to be gone and I'll worry about replacing it next year. Hopefully he's also going to take the old TV unit as well, so that'll be one less thing to worry about.

Following on from yesterday's post, I'd like to thank everyone for their suggestions. For starters I've had another look at what the U3A has to offer and will contact the group leaders to see if there are places available. Initially, I'll try a photography group and a choir so fingers crossed that these groups don't have waiting lists. If those two don't work out there's also an adult recorder playing group, a Scrabble group, and a group for sharing activities (which seems to be similar to Meetups), all of which would be fun.

Oh, and I've chosen my HF holidays for next year. I just have to book them now.

Comments

  1. Yeah, an end in sight & some more of the stuff is being moved out of the house ... sounds like Plan B(s) are in place in case - good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, TV unit and the huge climbing plant have gone. One more load for the skip next week, which should be the last ... until I get round to clearing the garage!

      After a bit of investigation and with the help of google! I'm on plan C with the ideas for new social activities!!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad the work is starting, soon! You'll have to take and post some before, during, and after pictures! I'm glad, too, that you are looking into new social activities.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts