What a Difference a Day Makes!

They're here! The house is full of electricians and builders, all working their little socks off, and I am assured that everything will be ready for the plasterer to do his bit tomorrow. The project appears to be back on schedule but I haven't forgiven them for the stressful weekend, so I didn't get them any chocolate biscuits to have with their tea!

I can't write much as the power is being switched off soon and the laptop battery needs to be recharged! I've just had a detailed update from them. The work is being done in a slightly different order which means that by the middle of next week, assuming he can fit in the work, the decorator can come in and get the living room finished. The carpet for that room, if I can find something suitable, can then be fitted and all the furniture can be delivered on the due dates (instead of being held in storage). I may wait to order that carpet until the furniture is here, just because I'll be able to take some of the fabric with me when making my choice. I'll stick to the cream carpets for stairs, landing and bedrooms but may now go for a colour of sorts in the living room. This is exciting news as on the old schedule, the living room was the last room to be finished. 

I'm leaving them to it for the rest of the morning as I have to deliver the final workshop to the year 3s in a local village school. Afterwards, it's a quick trip into town to bank some cheques and buy some fresh veg, and then back home to settle in for the rest of the day. If the garden dries out a bit, I may be able to get out there and start the 'Big Tidy Up'!

Comments

  1. It all sounds incredibly busy and more than a little cluttered but it will be wonderful when it is all finished.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very good at tidying up after themselves so I can’t complain. They hoovered all the carpets for me yesterday!!

      Delete
  2. Great news! Fingers crossed all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost can’t believe it’s actually being done. The planning and waiting seems to have been going on for ever!

      Delete
  3. Yeah - and too right, no chocolate biscuits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I relented in the end and let them have the chocolate biscuits ... nothing to do with the fact that I wanted some 😂

      Delete
  4. I am so glad the work is progressing! I'm sure they appreciated the chocolate biscuits! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts