Tuesday

It’s a typical autumn day, misty and cold, which, much as I love the change of seasons, isn’t really appreciated today. The central heating system has been drained to remove and replace some of the radiators so I’m relying on an electric heater for warmth until this stage of the work is completed. I’m confined to the dining room/kitchen downstairs as the living room has been prepped for the plasterer who should be starting in about an hour so there is currently no power supply to that side of the house. I am telling myself that it will be worth it in the end!

The skip will be here quite soon and I’m hoping there will be space for me to clear some of the junk from the garage. It’ll be a big help if there is as it’ll save making numerous trips to the recycling centre.

I’m off to the library later this morning to take advantage of their free WiFi and broadband as mine won’t be working - BT are working in the road again and we’ve been notified that landlines and broadband services will be affected for the rest of this week. I have to finish the music for Saturday so need internet access. It may mean that I will have problems posting for the next few days.

Comments

  1. How frustrating! I hope the electric heater helps - it's really cold at the moment.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn’t consider the weather and temperature at all. Serves me right but I’m happy to report that the heater is doing a brilliant job!

      Delete
  2. Glad the electric heater is doing a good job. Hope all the work is going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Work is progressing so I’m happy. Once they start removing plaster and tiles other problems are uncovered but so far nothing too serious.

      Delete
  3. I hope your heating gets done soon! At least you have an electric heater to take off the chill.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts