Friday

I've overslept! I have that feeling that I should be somewhere else, not here, but I've checked my diary and there's nothing down for today. Oh well!

Today has to be all about band and getting ready for the return to Saturday practices tomorrow. There is always a lot of sorting out on the first day back; new junior players need to be issued with their black music folders, the contact details have to be checked with every parent, and there will be new music to issue. In addition, one of the windows in our storage room has been kicked in so I'll need to be available to help (as in supervise!) one of the parents who is going to do the repair for us - the window is barred so this is more a case of making it weather proofed again. Luckily this is the window by the big tubas so nothing was stolen but unluckily, all of those heavy tubas now have to be moved so that the repair and some form of security can be completed. I also need to sort out seven more instruments to bring home in preparation for the school workshops which start next Wednesday.

The work on the home hasn't started yet, which is a bit frustrating. N, D, J and the plasterer are coming to see me on Monday and we'll agree a date then. N is coordinating all of the work, but I'm hoping the electricians will be able to start next week. On the plus side, I've already sorted out the decorating and am now looking for new flooring. I have the leather swatch for the sofa so can spend some time visiting the local carpet stores, choose what I want and agree a price with them.

I've also decided on the sofa I want (Hampton 3 seater Chesterfield by Saxon Sofas in cream leather) and also the unit to fit along the wall under the TV (Simple TV Cabinet by Lock, Stock and Barrel, in mahogany). The TV will be wall mounted on a swivel bracket. I already have a mahogany davenport and will be looking to buy two (not necessarily matching) comfy armchairs as well, which will be upholstered in a patterned fabric. I'll also need a couple of side tables but haven't started looking for them yet. 

To start with, that's all the furniture I'll have in the room. My approach to settling into the house once all the work is finished is that I'll only have items of furniture that are needed and used, will only keep the ornaments that I truly love and enjoy looking at, and will only bring other items into the rooms that either serve a purpose or that I use regularly. I suppose I'm aiming for a comfy sort of minimalism, if that makes sense.

I need to get some breakfast brunch, so I'll sign off. Hope you all have a good day!

Comments

  1. I love your furniture choices, they are splendid.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Just have to find the armchairs now.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I like both those pieces of furniture! I can just imagine what Dancer might do to a leather sofa should I have one, but I really like the one you've chosen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes I think I cam imagine what Dancer might do to a leather sofa! Luckily I don't have plans to get a pet.

      Delete
  3. Oh I don't like that feeling you woke with ... something I'm forgetting. Thankfully you were able to just sit with your brunch & plan for today (Saturday). I am sure you are feeling a sense of "let's get on with this ..." especially now that you have picked your core furniture pieces. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'll be glad when it's all finished now. I just want it to be finished.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts