5 in 5 | Beatlemania

It should come as no surprise that I am sharing some more photos from my holiday for this month's 5 in 5, organised by Sandie. We are asked to take a selection of photos over a five minute period and then choose five of them to share. 

These were taken in Liverpool where it is almost impossible to ignore the city's connection with The Beatles. I took these photos on a bus tour around the sights of the city; these were snapped really quickly in less than a minute as we passed the Hard Day's Night Hotel and the Cavern Club. On the bus tour you actually see the statue of Ringo first, so I've changed them round as we all know you have to say their names in the correct order!

So here's John, Paul, George and Ringo, with a view of the entrance to the Cavern Club on the left of the final photo.


Many thanks to Sandie for organising this link up every month.

Comments

  1. Oh, I LOVED the Beatles as a teen. Such fantastic music.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So did I. We grew up listening to the Beatles and the Rolling Stones, courtesy of older brothers, but it was always the Beatles music for me.

      Delete
  2. What a great collection, and photo idea for 5in5. I love Liverpool, it is such a vibrant city and there is so much to see. That said, I've yet to visit anything to do with the Beatles! I hope you enjoyed your visit and a bus tour is always a great way to see the sights.
    Thank you for taking part this month, Eileen, I enjoyed my brief trip back to Liverpool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come back tomorrow and you can have another quick trip to Liverpool!

      Delete
  3. Never knew about these statues! Imagine still being alive and having a statue of yourself in your hometown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great 5 in 5 ... legends & as Lady Ella says, imagine being alive & seeing a tribute statue to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a Beatles museum as well but I didn't get to see it this visit.

      Delete
  5. Loved their music, growing up! Thanks for sharing these photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were told that three weeks before, Paul McCartney had surprised people in a Liverpool pub when he turned up unannounced and put on a free concert for them. I so wish I'd been one of those people.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts