Mary @ merrydotdandy has kindly nominated my blog for the Liebster Award. I now have to tell you 11 things about myself, answer her questions, nominate 11 other blogs and ask them 11 new questions. The award goes to blogs with less than 200 followers. Many thanks Mary.
So first things first, 11 things about myself:
- I love all sorts of puzzles - quizzes, crossword puzzles, jigsaw puzzles, you name it, I love it!
- I discovered I was claustrophobic the first and only time I went potholing.
- I like cooking.
- I relax by reading crime novels.
- My favourite colour is red.
- My favourite TV programme is 'Lewis'.
- I don't have a pet but would like to get a dog when I eventually retire.
- I'm quite shy.
- I can't wear perfume a it gives me a rash which looks like love-bites! It's a waste of time anyway as I have no sense of smell!
- I used to go clay pigeon shooting.
- I've never been on a roller coaster and have no plans to.
Next, to answer Mary's questions:
- Tell us your take on exercise: I don't do any. Exercise is just something the doctor keeps suggesting and I keep ignoring!
- Explain your family. I live with my partner, don't have children although he has an adult son. I have two older brothers and a twin sister and from them I have 3 nieces, 2 nephews, 4 great nieces and 3 great nephews. I love them all to bits and can't imagine life without them.
- What is your favorite book? OK, books- limited to 10. This is so hard. Probably 'I heard the owl call my name' by Margaret Craven. I also like all of the Harry Potter books and the Terry Pratchet Discworld series. That's way more than 10 but at least I didn't list all of the titles!
- Name the character in Winnie the Pooh, most like you and why. I'm a cross between tigger and owl, or so I've been told. Tigger because I can be bouncy and a bit of a whirlwind when I get an idea. Owl, because of my general knowledge - makes me an ideal quiz team partner!
- Shoes: Discuss. I would prefer to go barefoot is it was practical. I rarely wear heels now, always opt for flats as it's more comfortable for teaching.
- Were you ever in a parade...when, where, why, how, what did you do? Yes, too many times to mention individual events. School parades as a child and as an adult playing in marching bands and Rememberance Day parades.
- Name 3 favorite dinners...what and/or where...? In Plymouth in the 70s with college friends at a seafood restaurant, any family celebration dinner, at Avebury with Ced - a spur of the moment decision and the last time we ever ate out together.
- Tell about a favorite vacation. A week spent on Holy Island with Ced.
- Music...do you play or only listen...what are your favorites I'm a music teacher, playing and teaching brass and woodwind instruments. I listen to all sorts of music, especially when I'm driving.
- What is your favorite hobby? Photography, but also on the list and depending on my mood, is genealogy, sewing, reading, cooking.
- What animal is of most interest to you? I'd like a dog one day. If kittens remained kittens and didn't grow into cats I'd also have lots of kittens!
I'm nominating the following blogs. This was a dificult decision as I obviously don't want to offend anyone so I have chosen bloggers who I think have not ever been nominated before. I know there's only 6 on this list so I'm also offering it to anyone else who's interested.
And finally, here's my questions:
- Where do you work and what do you do?
- Have you ever won a prize in a competition and, if so, what did you win?
- What's your favourite song?
- Documentary or drama - which do you prefer?
- Name the 4 guests (living or dead) you'd invite to a meal.
- Sport - what's your favourite sport and are you a player or a spectator?
- Do you prefer to holiday abroad or stay at home?
- What scares you?
- In a crowd or on your own - where are you most at ease?
- Bath or shower?
- Do you ever listen to plays on the radio?
Thanks again to Mary.