144/365: Lighthouse (edited)

Day 2 of the course was just as brilliant as day 1.  We started with learning how to edit photos using Photoshop. I've had the software on my laptop for years but have never really got to grips with it, so was more than a little anxious about this. Two hours later and I was confident that I'll be able to edit my photos in the future.  Here's part of what we did this morning ...
 
... this is the image, straight out of the camera.  The more observant among you may notice that it's not the image I posted last night but it's the one I chose this morning as I wanted to learn how to remove the boat (white blur) to the left of the lighthouse.

... and this is the same photo after editing.  I didn't actually edit this one myself - all the adjustments were done by Cheryl as she was teaching me how to use the software.  I had a go at a different image, which I'll show you later in the week.

We spent the afternoon photographing the magnificent gardens at Plas Newydd but I'll tell you about that when I get home.  I know it's only 8:30pm but I need to go to bed now - it's been an exhausting couple of days and I have a long drive home tomorrow.

Comments

  1. Sounds like your weekend has been a great success. Look forward to your Plas Newydd pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like it was a wonderful conference and you picked up lots of useful tips for the future!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Photoshop is a wonderful thing, but there is a lot to learn, I'm still learning after about 5 years, and I've only got the elements version. I do, however, have a couple of books on it, if you would care to borrow?
    Joy x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have to agree with the others, photoshop is an amazing piece of kit that I will never get my head around fully. Have a good rest. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS love the image and the simplicity of it. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely peaceful photo Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, it is very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts