Monday

It's my final teaching session this afternoon and the final choir practice this evening. The choir concert is on Saturday and then that's it until everything resumes in January.

My only must-do task today is to move the patio furniture in to the garage. The instruments have gone and there is now space to store the furniture over the winter. This is a relief as during the night the winds of Storm Atiyah blew one of the patio chairs again the glass in one of the French doors. It's never happened before and thankfully there was no damage but it's not worth the risk so that'll be my first job ... as soon as I get dressed!

Once that's done, and after breakfast, I will check through the things I need for the lessons and then that's it for today. I don't fancy going out so will aim to get most of the washing done and hoover the living room. The rest of the  floors in the downstairs rooms should be mopped but there's no point doing that until after the last child has left the house tomorrow!

So it'll be a fairly quiet day, leaving plenty of time for reading. I'm part way through 'The Distant Echo' by Val McDermid and although it was a slow start I now can't put it down. 

I also have to fit in my Advent calendar to-do, which is to listen to one of my Christmas CDs.

Comments

  1. Thank goodness no actual damage was sone and it will be good to have it all put away.
    Enjoy your Christmas CD and have a lovely day. How are your pupils getting on?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One girl is doing exceptionally well and is exceeding my expectations for her. The other three are doing okay but are, I think, relying on natural ability to do just enough rather than putting in the effort to excel. They may be in for a bit of a shock next term!

      Delete
  2. Yeah to getting your garage back for your use! That's one of the climate change things I have noticed, always such strong winds, damaging winds are about so often now. I have an evening planned for Wednesday night of reading & music listening - my pause button for a getting too crazy Christmas busy. I'll check out The Distant Echo at the library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Wednesday evening sounds delightful, a little bit of calm in the craziness of Christmas!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you've a good day, ahead of you! So glad the instruments have been taken away and you now have space in your garage to store your own things! Glad the flying patio furniture didn't damage your glass doors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all tucked away in the garage now so I don't have to worry about it. There's just the big pots on the patio now and they are too heavy to be moved by the wind.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts