WPSH - First Photos

Here are my first two photos for the Winter Photography Scavenger Hunt:

No. 1 | in the bag - I've gone for a literal interpretation of a giant music stave with music symbols and notes, all stored together in a checked cloth bag



No. 15 | letters - plastic letters originally used to create titles on cine films



There are a couple of first timers joining the WPSH this time so I'll quickly explain how the hunt works. Most importantly all the photos must be ones you have taken yourself during the hunt, i.e. between 1st December 2019 and 31st March 2020. 

You can post as many photos as you like for each prompt and can be as creative as you want so if you like thinking outside of the box, then go for it! There's no hard and fast rule about when you post your photos on your blog. I prefer to post as and when I take them and then at the end of the hunt I will choose my favourite for each prompt. Some people wait until the end, some people do one post a month to show their photos. Do whatever works for you, there's no right or wrong answer.

I'll do a monthly link up so we can see how everyone is getting on. Please make sure you link to your scavenger hunt post, not just to your blog and please encourage the other participants by visiting their blogs and leaving a comment. 

Oh ... and remember that the main aim of the hunt is to have fun!

I think I've covered everything but please let me know if I haven't answered your particular question.


Here's a reminder of the list:
  1. in the bag
  2. contrast
  3. the way to go
  4. colours
  5. a garden gate
  6. vintage 
  7. I stood here
  8. 11 o'clock
  9. solitary
  10. the little things
  11. industrial
  12. time for tea
  13. a keyhole
  14. flavour of the month
  15. letters
  16. a barrier
  17. a line
  18. a chain
  19. an alley
  20. monochrome, i.e. varying shades of the same colour

If you find any of the above hard to get you may substitute one or both of the subjects below.


Alt A. chequers or chess
Alt B. a community market

Comments

  1. Today I took my first photo of the scavenger hunt. I printed out the prompts and have been thinking about them. 😄

    I think I will do a post every month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done on getting your first photo. For some reason I always feel relieved to get the first two or three done, even though I still have most of the list to do!

      Delete
  2. Great photos. I'd love to take part but keep forgetting! A sign of Old Age, maybe?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. You just need to put your organised teacher's head back on and then you'll be fine ... print the list (on bright coloured paper so you can't miss it), carry it everywhere and use your phone for the photos if you forget your camera. If you forget your phone as well then .... maybe I agree with you 😂😂

      Think of it as a good way to exercise ... plan your photos, then take your camera and list on a walk to actually take the photos.

      Delete
  3. Yay! You got your first two photos! I hope to get started, this week, now that the almsgiving is done! In fact, I saw something, today, that might qualify for the first prompt, but, I was too busy to stop to take a picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to seeing whatever it is that caught your eye.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts