Boxing Day

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were spent quietly as planned and I had a pleasant time. Energy levels are low so today will be more of the same. 

I should have been taking part in a car treasure hunt but too many participants are poorly so it has been cancelled. I admit that I'm relieved as I would have pulled out anyway and the friend who organises the hunt would have been grumpy with me, no matter what the reason. This way, I'm not the focus of his grumpiness!

We were all supposed to bring a contribution to a Boxing Day picnic to share with the others so that's what I'll be eating today. I've defrosted some vegetable soup which I'll have hot with some crusty bread, and then a selection of cold meat and nibbles. It's an easy day as far as the food is concerned thankfully as I don't feel much like cooking a big meal. 

I'm enjoying the Graham Norton book. It's not a Christmas story but coincidentally starts in the quiet period just after the Christmas celebrations are finished. It's the first of his books I've read and I keep catching myself mimicking Norton's voice in my head as I'm reading it. I can't comment on the story yet although I like what I've read so far, but I love his writing style and will look to see if he has written anything else. 

I'm looking forward to watching the 'Would I Lie To You' Christmas special tonight and if the timings work out, will also watch the first of the Royal Institute Christmas Lectures as well. Apart from that it'll be a lot of reading and plenty of naps!

Comments

  1. Thanks for reminding me of the Christmas Lectures. I've set it to record now. I know Dad enjoys tjhese too.
    I think 'Would I Lie Top You' makes me laugh mpore than any other programme. It's brilliant and the Christmas special should be great.
    Your day sounds lovely. Quiet and gentle. How are you feeling now?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much better thanks Joy. I'm just left with a bit of a cough but all the other symptoms have disappeared except for feeling tired. I keep falling asleep!

      Delete
  2. I like Graham Norton, he's quite funny, so I'm going to check out if his books are at our library. I think you are wise to continue with the rest cure - lung infections are nothing to mess with. Oh yes hot soup & a crusty bun (with butter) sounds a perfect lunch & to celebrate the day maybe two Turtle chocolates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It had to be two scoops of chocolate ice-cream instead. I didn't buy any chocolates this year.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you are feeling better; I, too, experienced the low energy levels for several days. You are wise to rest and take it easy. Hot soup with crusty bread sounds just right! Hope you continue to feel better in the days leading up to the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I'm trying to be sensible and not rush things, just taking note of what my body needs.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts