Friday

It's going to be a bits and bobs day today ... no time consuming chores to do, just lots of little tasks which will take less than 20 minutes each to do. I'll spend the morning sorting all of that out and then the weekend can start this afternoon!

I've been giving some thought to my 'one little word' for 2020. For the last two years my word has been 'fulfil', which in a way still applies as my goal is to live a fulfilled life but it doesn't quite sit as well with where I want to focus my energies next year. I'm aiming to turn things around so that I make the most of every day and learn to find pleasure in my everyday life as well as in the trips and treats I plan for myself. It's about living in the present and being in the moment, not dwelling in the past or wishing time away, but to get the most out of every day no matter what I am doing. It's also about being fully involved/engaged/absorbed in whatever I'm doing, and to stop trying to do two or three things at once and then not particularly enjoying any of them ... for example, reading a book, following a TV show at the same time, and then scrolling through emails on my phone. I find that I'm constantly distracting myself from fully concentrating on whatever I am supposed to be doing unless it's to do with photography or playing an instrument.  I can't decided whether the correct word is 'present', 'focus', or something else so if you have any better suggestions I'd appreciate your help please. 

My Advent calendar to-do for today is to play some Christmas carols so I'm going to find out the clarinet carol book and have some fun!

Comments

  1. Ooh, I like that plan to get all the little things done in the morning so the weekend can start in the afternoon!

    I haven't done a word of the year, myself, but, if I had to choose one, it would be "mindful", I think. To do things mindfully, which, to me, means being fully present, engaged, being aware, focused, and deliberate. We are encouraged to multi-task, these days - it is expected of us in order to be more productive - but, sometimes, I end up doing things on auto pilot and don't even realize I've done certain things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did consider mindful and haven't entirely ruled it out. You mention 'deliberate' which is a possibility and a friend has suggested 'aware', 'intentional' and 'experience'. Decisions, decisions!!

      Delete
  2. I've also been giving some thought to my OLW for 2020, a year of perfect vision. I've used Focus as mine for the last 2-3 years & I'm ready to move on from that word. I have a couple I'm tossing about. I've also got my 12 2020 Angel Thoughts to do for end of December, which I like to tie to my OLW. Have fun with your clarinet playing & happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know from experience just how important it is to find the right word so good luck with your musings.

      Hope you have a great weekend too xx

      Delete
    2. 2020: a year of perfect vision! Of course! I like that!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts