Reasons To Be Cheerful in November 2019

November has been such a good month with plenty of reasons to be cheerful and I am continuing to find joy in chosen activities every day.

My joyful activities for November were:
  1. Watching 'Would I Lie To You'
  2. I received the members only password for the singing group site so have enjoyed a couple of sessions practicing some of the songs.
  3. Some more singing practice and watching Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
  4. Resuming the music lessons and spending time with the children, then choir practice in the evening
  5. Another music lesson, enjoying the child's pleasure in her improving playing
  6. Coffee with C
  7. Joining a 'Walking for Health' group followed by lunch with L
  8. Coffee with J
  9. Watching Sherlock Holmes, starring Robert Downey Jr
  10. Celebrating Loi Krathong in Bradford on Avon
  11. Learning four new songs at choir practice
  12. Celebrating that the child I was teaching finally, after a huge struggle, managed to play the high (for her) note that has eluded all of her effort so far. She'll be able to play her favourite tune now!
  13. Coffee with S
  14. Realising at the end of a day in bed that the lurgy had disappeared and I was feeling better
  15. Watching Jumanji on Netflix
  16. A trip to London to see the Tutankhamen Exhibition at the Saatchi Gallery
  17. Booking some tickets for next year
  18. Choir practice
  19. Listening to Beethoven
  20. Coffee with S
  21. Coffee with J
  22. Listening to Beethoven (again)
  23. Booking some more tickets for next year
  24. A practically perfect jimjam day!
  25. Treated myself to a new painting
  26. My birthday!
  27. Coffee with S
  28. Cinema with Julie, Beth and Lauren to see Last Christmas
  29. Staying indoors on a cold day and listening to favourite CDs
  30. Receiving a snail mail letter from a friend
*****

Resuming the seemingly never-ending decluttering project. I can feel my mood lightening as unwanted items leave the house.


*****


Feeling the benefits of regular exercise. I'm not doing much each day but the cumulative effects can be felt and I am starting to feel better, physically and mentally ... although I admit that the painful knees are a major problem. Still, the seated exercises are doing me some good!


*****

Re-establishing some structure to my days has made me feel good in myself and about myself. 


*****

Enjoying films on Netflix ... much more fun that watching repeats on TV


*****

Plenty of interaction with friends. I'm gradually changing how I meet with some of my friends and it's working better for me.


*****

Meeting new people at the fortnightly quiz. I doubt that any real friendships will evolve from this but I feel welcomed and part of the team on the night, and it's something I can look forward to.


*****

A month of birthday celebrations: B (7th), LT (9th), D (15th), F (17th), LL (25th), myself and my sister (26th), CB (28th), and L (29th). 


*****

A trip to London to see the Tutankhamen exhibition. Absolutely brilliant!


*****

Realising that by the end of the month I genuinely felt happier than I did at the start. 

*****

Being invited to participate in the Loi Krathong festival by some very friendly Thai women. Also enjoyed an interesting chat with them about aspects of Buddhism.

*****

Reading 7 books this month. Giving up book group was the right decision for me and I'm enjoying losing myself in my chosen stories.

Comments

  1. Super! Interested in the bit about changing how one meets friends. Wondering what you've discovered...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Re meeting friends, it's probably not what you may be thinking but I'll email you.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful list of daily joys! A month of joyful activities! Some big joyful activities and some small ones; a perfect mixture, I'd say. I was very glad to read that you've felt happier at the end of the month than you did at the beginning. That is wonderful. I have been listing my daily joyful activities in my daily posts, but, I really like this format, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The daily joyful activities are a big factor in feeling happier. I like seeing them all together like this - I think it makes it clear that the cumulative effects are worth the effort.

      Delete
  3. What a great list! Sounds like you've found lots to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found that it gets easier to look for joy in an activity the more I do it. It's no longer the effort it was when I first started doing it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts