Lifestyle Goals: Monthly Review for December 2019

Here is my update for December, stating my goals and the bullet-pointed task list that I'll tackle during the month to help achieve the goal. Last month's ratings are shown in black and the start of the current month is shown in yellow.

My goal is to achieve a lifestyle where I can honestly say that I LIVE A FULFILLED LIFE [7][7.5]To achieve this I want to focus on these sub-goals:
  • I am financially secure and am completely debt free [10][10]
  • I take an active role in my local community, and have strong bonds with family and friends [10][10]
  • My home is always clean and tidy [10][10]
  • My garden is always tidy and presentable [8][8]
I am still looking for someone to help with the garden but am happy with how the other aspects of life I've listed above are going. The garden rating is unlikely to improve during the winter months.

I have revised my ratings on the following sub-goals:
  • I have a positive outlook on life and am benefiting by avoiding bouts of depression and keeping my emotional well being at a healthy level [8][10] - When I thought about it I couldn't see why I was keeping the rating at 8. I am avoiding sinking into depression and I don't struggle to keep a positive outlook on life so I've increased the rating to 10.
  • I lead an active life, benefiting from increased fitness and improvements in my general health [6][8] - Most of my health issues are age related so realistically they are ongoing and will not disappear. I have to accept that they are part of my life and, as all stats and test results are within the desired parameters, this is the best it is ever going to be. While the test results remain as they are the rating can be increased to 8. Minor ailments such as colds won't affect the rating but to increase it to 10 I need to be doing some regular exercise.
  • I eat sensibly and healthily and am benefiting by losing weight and experiencing increased energy levels [9.5][10] - I am definitely losing weight and on the whole eat healthily. Mobility is improving and the current tiredness is directly related to the recent bout of pneumonia - if it doesn't improve by the end of January I will adjust this rating then.

The ratings haven't changed for the following sub goals and are the ones that require improvement. 
  • I make best use of my time to lead a full and productive life [7][7]
  • I live life now, in the moment [6][6]
  • I strive to remove my attachment to material things [6][6]
My focus word for 2020 is simplify and I am starting by working my way through the house to remove excess, unused, and unwanted items. I hope to be able to start increasing the rating of the attachment to material things goal at the end of January. 


My SMART tasks (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Timely) for December were:
  1. Declutter a minimum of 5 items, concentrating on the ones which are taking up a lot of space - by December 31st 2019. ACHIEVED, though not the biggest items.
  2. Complete the meal plan for December - by December 4th 2019. ACHIEVED
  3. Focus on establishing a weekday schedule to complete all routine chores in the mornings - ongoing but review on December 31st 2019. ACHIEVED in part but illness and Christmas got in the way!!
  4. Unsubscribe from all unwanted emails and social media - by December 31st 2019. ACHIEVED for social media. Emails have been completed as far as I can but will be an ongoing task as new unwanted communications are received.
  5. Complete the remainder of band admin ready to hand over when band resumes in January - by December 13th 2019. ACHIEVED by end of December 2019.

My SMART tasks for January, all to do with simplifying life, are:
  1. Finish sorting through my clothes and dispose of any item that doesn't fit, is never worn, or is too tatty - by January 31st 2020
  2. Check all books in the bookcase and send all unwanted ones to the charity shop - by January 31st 2020
  3. Obtain quotes for sale of all camera equipment - by January 31st 2020
  4. Meal plan for second half of January/first half of February - by January 6th 2020
  5. Resume weekday schedule adding in extra cleaning tasks - immediate, and review on January 31st 2020

Comments

  1. You did very well with your goals and SMART tasks.
    Good luck with January goals, Eileen.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nil. It seems to be getting easier.

      Delete
  2. You are very organized! I have had a flu virus for three weeks now, I can't wait to feel well and normal (for me!) again. My word is FOCUS for 2020. It really is the goal for me, in all aspects of my life, improved and sustained focus would result in some gains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You poor thing, I hope you feel much better soon.

      Focus is a good choice. It was on my shortlist for 2018 & 2019 but in the end I opted for fulfill for both years. Good luck for 2020.

      Delete
  3. You did very well with your December goals and SMART tasks, Eileen. I was especially glad to see the ratings improve on several of your goals. That is the direction in which we want to go! :) I'm sure you'll do very well with your January goals and tasks, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I'm not sure that things have changed that much, just being more realistic about how things are and coming to an acceptance ... but in a good way.

      Delete
  4. A very successful and fulfilling year for you, despite the issues. Fantastic!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. It was interesting to look back through my diary when writing my review of the year to see just how much has happened and how different life is now.

      Delete
  5. Wow - looks like you're doing great on your goals! Good luck with simplifying your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I have every intention of being ruthless with the decluttering but we'll see how it goes!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts