Thursday

Today's Advent task is the 'use your nose' and enjoy the smells you associate with Christmas so, with absolutely no sense of smell, it's not something I can do. I will repeat yesterday's 'give myself a break' because I enjoyed that. I did some crossword puzzles for about an hour yesterday and today will work on a new to me piano piece (still to be chosen).

Today's household task is to dust and hoover the downstairs rooms, which I will do as soon as I've had my breakfast (porridge topped with spiced apples and sultanas), and there is a load of washing to do as well, plus prepare the vegetables for tonight's meal (pork loin chop, potatoes, runner beans, and sprouts). 

After lunch I am hoping to get in to town. I need to get some cash for the egg deliveries, want to have a look at some colour changing lights in Wilko, and ... the best bit ... buy the Christmas Radio Times and the Christmas TV Times. I always get both because I like the puzzles and competitions. I may also pop into Sainsbury's to see if they have any suitable Christmas jumpers in my size. I did look online and saw a lovely Harry Potter Christmas jumper which was just perfect but when I started clicking the buttons to order one I realised it was for children and the largest size was to fit 8 - 10 year olds! Of course, all of this depends on how busy it is in town but it should be quieter in that gap between the end of lunch breaks and the end of the school day. 

That's about it for today. I'll enjoy a pleasant time looking through the TV magazines, speak to my sister at some stage, and then choose a film to watch on Netflix. The egg man will deliver tonight and then it's a bubble bath and early to bed.

Comments

  1. I like the idea of a repeat day of giving yourself a break! :) I hope you are able to get all your household tasks and errands done and enjoy a relaxed evening. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. It was too busy in town to do any shopping so I came straight home. All the 'at home' things got done though.

      Delete
  2. Some of the nicest jumpers are for children I have found. Such a shame.
    Your meals sound delicious and the day very pleasant indeed. I always get the Radio Times at Christmas but not the TV times - thanks for the idea.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a brilliant Doctor Who one advertised but can't find it now I've decided to get myself a Christmas jumper. Typical!

      We had to get both magazines so we didn't have to share 🤣🤣

      Delete
  3. A well rounded day planned. I've seen a few HP adult Christmas jumpers but I wondered about the quality. Hopefully you'll find the perfect seasonal one in town. I feel like something new for holidays, just not sure what.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the adult HP jumpers are too OTT for me. I prefer something more subtle. I'm searching online for one tomorrow.

      Delete
  4. Hi Eileen,
    Your day is very well planned and so there are no boring moments!
    I would like to be a little like that, but my activities are closed and sometimes I get a little bored.
    A hug and a good quiet night.
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just make sure I have plenty to do so I don't get bored. I can always read if I don't fancy doing anything else.

      Take care Ailime.

      Delete
  5. Hope you had a lovely relaxing evening. Also hope you found a good film to watch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, thanks. I watched Arthur Christmas, so an easy undemanding film that I have seen before but thought was worth a second viewing.

      Delete
  6. I have a Christmas sweatshirt. When it finally wears out I may just go for something in solid read of green. I've never seen Arthur Christmas, that I remember, and will look it up. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually saw a couple of nice sweatshirts when I was searching online today so I may choose one of those. Most of the designs are too OTT for me.

      Hope you enjoy Arthur Christmas is you do get to see it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts