Thursday

I had to give in and go back to bed for a good part of yesterday ... another migraine, but thankfully fairly mild as migraines go. I'm back to normal today but will take it easy and have a quiet day.

Yesterday's Advent calendar task was to 'marvel at something' with guidance to look at, or go to see, something that fills you with feelings of wonder. I chose the vastness of the sky, movement of clouds, light changes, etc. Today's task is to write a mindful Christmas list but to think beyond gifts to consider the emotions and situations you want to experience. The idea is to let your thoughts develop and expand even if they veer away from Christmas. I think it will be an interesting and revealing exercise.

So it's going to be a pottering sort of day filled with the Advent task, reading, coffee breaks, piano, Italian practice, jigsaw puzzle, and TV if there is anything worth watching. I will also phone J this afternoon as I cancelled our Zoom meetup yesterday.

Sometime in the next few days I will need to do some cooking. With the exception of allspice, everything was delivered in my last food order with no substitutions so I have all the ingredients to try out a couple of new-to-me recipes - green lentil and roasted butternut squash curry, and cheesy topped Mediterranean pork loin chops. I doubt I will get round to doing either recipe today though. 

It's exciting news that the coronavirus vaccination could start as early as next week. At long last there really is hope on the horizon, even though most of us will be waiting until sometime next year.

I checked the weather forecast last night and it seems they are predicting snow at the weekend. Friends (in our What'sapp group) are groaning at the possibility but I will be charging up all the camera batteries ... just in case!!

Comments

  1. Hope you are feeling much better today.

    With luck the snow will only be up in Scotland, don't want it this early down here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm much better today thanks - the pain has gone and I just feel very drained and sleepy.

      I doubt we'll actually see any snow here even if the South West gets any as predicted. We rarely do.

      Delete
  2. Snow??? I do hope not, it's too early. Although I remember a late November day when everyone got caught out and we had a snowday because only a few staff could get in.
    Have a gentle day and get well soon.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been raining on and off all morning so hopefully it'll be too wet to settle if they'vr got it right and there is snowfall.

      I'm feeling much better thanks x

      Delete
  3. Glad you were able to get on top of that migraine. We had an extremely clear night after days & days of cloud & oh my the stars were bright. Indeed it is good news about the vaccines beginning to role out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sleep is a great healer!

      We have complete cloud cover today, not even one little patch of blue.

      Delete
  4. Glad the migraine didn't drag you down too much. I'm so glad to hear about the vaccination news. Mum is 84 so should be higher up the list. It will take a load off my mind and I am hopeful that I will be able to see her next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The order for vaccinations is a bit vague but they announced in the ITV News tonight that the first supply is on route to hospitals. There's also been mention that care homes will be too priority but no indication yet of when the GPs will start vaccinating their patients. I hope you do get to see your Mum in 2021.

      Delete
  5. The pork chop recipe sounds tasty. It'll be months before we get a chance at the vaccine here. And we probably won't get snow at all (except for random flakes). I look forward to your photos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a SlimmingEats recipe and I will be trying it out tomorrow.

      I doubt we'll get snow here, it looks like the rain has set in for a few days now.

      I think it will be at least Easter and more likely the summer before the vaccine is easily available to the over 60s. It's hospitals, care homes and vulnerable first.

      Delete
  6. I'm sorry you had a migraine, yesterday, but, relieved to hear that it is gone, today. I'm glad you are having a restful day. Send me some of that rain, please! This is supposed to be our rainy season and we've had only one day of measurable rain since May! We are having a "la nina" weather pattern, which brings us little rain ("el nino" brings rain).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a peaceful day and I feel rested. I've order the rain to head your way but I don't think it was listening ... I did try though!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts