Tuesday

The good news is that my car sailed through the MOT so that's over and done with for another year. They also did a winter check so I'm all set for whatever the winter weather throws at us as well!

My sister's moved into her new home yesterday. The horrendous rain didn't help but they got everything stacked in the finished rooms so that the workmen were able to continue in the rest. I don't think there's much more to do that requires the workmen in the house as my brother in law and nephews will be able to take over and get it finished now.

At the choir practice last night M announced that she had, admittedly at very short notice, arranged a venue for the entire choir to meet up and sing Christmas carols together on Sunday. It will be outside, everyone must distance from others properly and there is no need to wear masks - I was uneasy about the 'no masks' part but excited about seeing everyone in person but then she announced the time and it's the same time that my supermarket delivery is due so I can't go. It's not possible to change the delivery time so I'm disappointed to miss the opportunity to sing with everyone, but it solves the 'no masks' dilemma. 

Today's Advent task is something I already do, which is 'manage your goals'. It's asking that you focus on identifying just three tasks every day to create your to-do list and give every task your full attention until it is completed. This approach is supposed to reduced stress, increase productivity and eliminate the need to rush because there is so many things on the to-do list. It says you can add more once you've finished the daily list but I'm not convinced on this one - if I only did three things a day, I'd never get it all done! This morning I'm carrying on clearing some of the bitty tasks from the Big To-do List.

I'm hoping to be meeting J for a socially distanced walk this afternoon. We made a tentative arrangement but it'll depend on the weather, her work commitments, and how painful my knee is. As I write this my knee is bearable, it's not raining, so it's down to whether J can take a break. If not, I will use the exercise bike instead.

Comments

  1. It’s good you are allowed to exercise with others. At one time our restrictions were so tough it was one person on their own for a maximum of one hour.
    Good news about your car - as you say, there shouldn’t be any surprises this winter. And what a shame about the choir get together but then I’m with you on being wary of gathering maskless, seeing the state of Covid infections in the UK - even if you live in a low risk area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we are permitted to meet with five others outside, but socially distanced. I haven't been taking advantage of this, preferring to meet others online but felt the need for some face to face time today.

      I don't know how the choir meeting up fits in with the rules. I can't see the logic underpinning some of the restrictions but I don't think I would have gone even if I'd been free as the lack of mask wearing concerned me.

      Delete
  2. I another one with you on the "what no masks" even if outside. Everything I've read is that singing expels your droplets at a further distance & speed. Only 3 tasks on the list! I get that you need to be mindful of each but really only 3!?!? (col). I hope that you & J can have a short walk together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to the UK research it seems that singing is not as risky as first thought but I'm not entirely convinced.

      I can only assume they list more general tasks if only doing 3 of them. I can understand their thinking behind having a smaller list but it doesn't work for me.

      It's raining now so we will speak on the phone instead of the planned walk.

      Delete
  3. Glad to read that the car passed the test and has been serviced for winter. Also glad that your sister has been able to move into her new house, even while work is still under way! I'm sorry you are unable to walk with J due to the rain, but, hopefully, the walk can take place another time.

    As for singing with the choir, even if socially distanced and outdoors, I wouldn't be comfortable with the no masks policy! I'm sure you are disappointed about not being able to see the others, but, I'm glad the grocery delivery is preventing you from attending the event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will speak with J on the phone but won't see her now until after Christmas - she is self isolating so she can spend Christmas day with her elderly Mum.

      I wouldn't have gone to the choir event without masks. I am disappointed but it's definitely not worth the risk.

      Delete
  4. Masking outside while distanced seems to be something venues disagree on. Some require it, others don't. I don't usually mask outside. I'm sorry you'll miss this chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all for the safest option so I'm not too disappointed. There's still our online concert on Monday and there's an online sing-a-long planned at some stage during the Christmas period, so I have those to look forward to.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts