Friday

It was too busy to be wandering around town yesterday so I got up early and was on my way to Tesco by 6am today. I bought the TV magazines, the main reason for the trip, and added a few other things I fancied - mushrooms, spring onions, bread rolls, and the Puzzler magazine - and am now waiting for my breakfast to finish cooking. I'll order the colour changing lights online and will probably do the same for a Christmas jumper.

So I'm all cosy at home and am looking ahead to a day of pottering. I don't have anything particular in mind that must be done but there are plenty of odd jobs that I can do - filing, tidying in the playroom, refill the printer ink reservoirs, sort out some photos to frame, to name a few things. 

But first it's the knee exercises and then I must clean out the microwave. Once that's done it'll be time to read the TV magazines from cover to cover and only when that's done will I start the pottering!

Comments

  1. Out at 6am!! Goodness thats very early.
    I got the Christmas Radio Times yesterday and have found a few good things to look forward to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't sleep well so was awake and dressed anyway! I'm just about to look through the magazines to see what's on.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that is an early start to the day! A day of pottering sounds lovely! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's more like to feature sleeps rather than pottering - I was wide awake for most of the night and that's bound to catch up with me!

      Delete
  3. Gosh I didn’t think any shops opened that early in the UK. Would they be regular trading hours or just ‘seasonal’?
    Bet the kettle went on as soon as you walked in the door

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The are quite a few places open at 6am. The store I went to is normally open 24 hours every day except for Sundays, but currently closes from midnight to 6am for cleaning and restocking as part of their Covid precautions.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a lovely day planned. Good luck with finding your Christmas jumper. We needed to get more lights for the tree but any colour, any type of lights are not to be found anywhere, not even online - it goes with the shortage of Christmas trees, everyone is home this Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may be better to wait until next year for the jumper. I've seen a couple I like online but they've sold out in my size. Maybe this is something you're supposed to buy in November! I think it'll be the same for the lights. Never mind!

      Delete
  5. I didn't sleep too well last night, either, maybe something to do with the Aurora Borealis and all the extra energy surrounding it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think but was more to do with a long nap during the day! I'm staying up for the next two nights to try for some photos if it is visible in this area. There's probably too much cloud cover though.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts