SPSH | A Few More Finds ...

Of course, the 'Celebrating Art in the Garden' Exhibition was a perfect place to find some more images for the scavenger hunt.

The first three are all by Tom Hiscocks and are for No 2 | stripes. The first two photos are different angles of 'Drinking Horse' and the third one is titled 'Female Torso II'.





I've found three more for No 4 | wings. The first one is by Hayley Jones, the artist who also made the robins, and is titled 'Taking Flight'. The two mosaics are by Jacquie Primrose, 'Bees and Butterflies' and 'Dragonflies'.






I was lucky enough to find an image for No 7 | Unexpected Reflection. I first saw this one from a distance and thought the entire circle was filled with models of birds, but as I got closer and the angle changed, I realised that the centre was actually a mirror reflecting the birds arranged around the outer circle. I think this was titled 'Feeding Table' but I can't tell you the name of the artist - this was on sale in the shop.



Here's another one for No 12 | bells. This was part of an installation by Alison Berman titled 'Are You One of Them or One of Us'. The tree was full of mortar boards and bowler hats each type fitted with either a sheep or a goat bell.




The final image is for No 14 | a trilogy of three and is another set of mosaics by Jacquie Primrose titled 'Abstract Teardrops'.


Comments

  1. They are really lovely, thanks for sharing the photos. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that drinking horse one is fantastic! The owl is certainly a favourite. I also found my Unexpected Reflections for the SPSH on a drive to the craft store this week, so unexpected that I had to double back to get the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are smashing this list. So many great finds! Can't even begin to choose a favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like them all, but the abstract teardrops one appealed to me the most.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds! I especially like the unexpected reflection & all those stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the drinking horse, the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent finds. I had to look at the reflection carefully

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fabulous finds! I especially like the stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those sculptures are absolutely brilliant - what great finds!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts