Weekly Reflections

 Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • chatting with family and friends
  • continuing to enjoy the garden (although it's now too chilly to sit outside for long)
  • discussing my ideas for the new part of the garden makeover with M, who was on board with my ideas straight away
  • enjoying some TV programmes - 'Who Do You think You Are', 'Would I Lie To You', 'Heir Hunters', and 'Richard Osman's House of Games'
  • finding a new recipe for aubergine - not my favourite vegetable, but the recipe shown in the Indian cooking class looks very tasty and I will give it a try
  • continuing to enjoy the piano lessons and the daily practice
  • feeling brighter after getting out of the house yesterday for a drive round and a change of scene


I am grateful ...
  • for a reasonably swift recovery from the viral infection, and
  • food parcels from family and friends ... living alone when you are feeling poorly makes everything seem that much worse, but the foodie deliveries really helped
  • for all of your kind comments on my last two post. I do appreciate them even if I didn't get around to responding to them.


Lifestyle changes
  • exercise: 
    • 45 minutes daily walk. I haven't been doing any walking but will ease back into the routine next week
    • 20 minutes daily knee strengthening. Achieved 3 days out of 7
  • weight: no change

Comments

  1. It isn't nice sitting out much at the moment, is it, but Spring will come again and until thewn it's nice to have a pleasant view from the windows.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's too chilly for me now ... I don't do 'cold'! I'm buying pansies and cyclamen for some winter colour ... but roll on Spring 😊 xx

      Delete
  2. I enjoy watching Heir Hunters too but don't you think when they ask if you know any of the names they mention they must be cases they've researched and found no living relatives and the money goes to the Treasury? I'm so glad you are feeling better and had the support of family and friends and it must have been hard living on your own and being ill. You were missed here in Blogland x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. I can't believe they're prepared to risk losing money - they must be sure that there are no heirs to the estates they name. The programme is an enjoyable watch though.

      Being ill is just about the worst part of living alone. I missed all of my online blogging friends - you're all an important part of my life xx

      Delete
  3. It is very inspiring to see that you find reasons to be cheerful and grateful even when you're feeling poorly.
    How lovely you have family and friends around to make you feel loved. Nothing better than that to help you recover from anything.
    Have a nice Sunday! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irune. My focus on looking for the positives in life over the past few years is paying off, I think. The food gifts were very much appreciated 😊

      I hope you have a lovely day too xx

      Delete
  4. I posted this on a reply to you but thought you may not see it so I'm posting here too. Sorry the other was sold out, I didn't notice, but this one is still available, exactly the same but with rose gold trim rather than silver.
    https://www.aldi.co.uk/ambiano-rose-gold-coffee-to-go/p/808476538430201
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did see your response but many thanks for adding this link here.

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you are able to find reasons to be both cheerful and grateful, even after being ill. I am also glad that your family and friends sent you food parcels when you were ill; I know they help! I agree with you, it is especially difficult to be alone and ill!
    We are still at the stage where the garden is warmer than inside the house! I go outside to warm up! I am anxiously waiting until the end of the month when the furnace inspector will be here to check the furnace! Luckily for me, we are having a few days of good weather - sunny and warm!
    I hope your weekend is going well and you have a lovely week ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having a very quiet, but lovely, weekend thanks Bless. It's nearly over now but I feel really rested and ready for next week's adventures.

      I'm usually pretty organised with meals on the freezer but was caught out this time so I was grateful for the help and offers of help I received. I need to make sure I get on and sort out the freezer now!

      I hope you get your heating sorted soon. I have the heating on in the morning to take the chill off the room - my living room is a cold room - but once it's warmed through I turn the heating off. I don't think it'll be too long before it's on all the time though.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts