Friday 1st October

All the blood results were available and everything tested is well within the 'normal' ranges. My GP had thought I may be anaemic but my iron levels are fine, and my thyroid and kidney functions are both in the normal ranges which I'm relieved about. I've successfully reduced my cholesterol and blood sugar levels in the last six months so have thankfully eliminated the need for additional medications. There was one other test but I can't remember what it was for; it was okay, anyway. So, all positive news and I'm happy to have proof that the changes in nutrition are bringing the desired results. 

The joint pain remains an ongoing issue and still has to be investigated. It's been left that the next time I have a flare up I ask to see a doctor on that day so bloods can be taken during an attack and I can be examined when the pain is at its worst - he has added a marker to my record to ensure that I will be seen without delay. This will hopefully eliminate a diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis; he thinks it's unlikely and is more likely to be worsening of the osteoarthritis but it's something he needs to check. I hope he's right on that because I definitely do not want to have RA! Whatever it turns out to be, I have to carry on trying to strengthen my knees and can have another referral to the physiotherapist if I want help with that. I've said that for now I will carry on with the YouTube videos - he stressed the need to keep up with the exercises because, if I do have to have a knee replacement operation, recovery will be so much better if I have strengthened the muscles supporting my knee. 

M will be here this morning ... it's bulb planting day. All the spring bulbs will be planted in blue pots, so there will need to be a bit of a musical pots moment to make room for them. The plan is to overplant the bulbs with winter pansies but I haven't bought them yet so that part may have to wait until next time. I was going to pop to The Nursery to buy some while M is here but the lady buying the saxophone has changed her mind and is coming this morning instead so it all depends on how it works out for time. Maybe M will go and buy them for me instead ... we'll see how it goes.

It's the nutrition focus this afternoon, talking about nutrition to support the immune system and ward off the coughs and colds that plague the colder months. Once that's finished I'll carry on with the family tree research. I made some progress yesterday, discovering the WW1 army record of one of my great uncles so I want to continue with that. I'll also try to book a seat at the records office for next week to continue with the research into my grandfather, following on from the information I discovered last time. 

Comments

  1. Fantastic news about the blood test results - you've worked so hard at this so it is well deserved. Let's hope the other can also be sorted out.
    Have a lovely planting day - if the weather permits.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I think the joint pain will be much harder to resolve but a good starting point will be to eliminate the possibility of rheumatoid arthritis. At least he is aware of how bad it's got and has started the investigation.

      M had to cancel today so no planting! xx

      Delete
  2. That's wonderful news about your blood test results and good to know you have reduced your cholesterol and blood sugar levels, very well done! Hope M gets tour bulbs planted today, weather permitting. It remains wet and windy here but I'm hoping to go down to our beach, I've always looked forward to the 1st of October when dog restrictions are lifted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really chuffed about the blood sugars and cholesterol results and now just have to keep going with the changes I have implemented.

      M cancelled today's visit so the bulbs will wait until she's here next.

      I hope you enjoyed you trip to the beach. I wonder if Tilly will like the sand?

      Delete
  3. Great blood test results and yay for getting your cholesterol and blood sugar levels down! You were very diligent with your diet and it has given you the results you hoped for! Well done! What a great start to a new month! Hope the planting goes well and the nutrition focus will be helpful. Have a lovely day, Eileen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to have the results to prove that the nutrition changes are working ... it's been worth the effort!

      M had to cancel her visit today. The nutrition was interesting - amongst other things she explained to importance of regular exercise in supporting the immune system so it looks like I need to get that aspect of my life sorted out!

      Hope you have a good day too xx

      Delete
  4. Yeah for effort on the medical front & glad to read it's all good, well except for those unknow flare up reasons. I think everyone would want to sit in on today's nutrition class especially as we come into flu season & flu & COVID have such similar beginning symptoms. All the messages from our health care system are saying the correct washing of hands is our first line of defense. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary-Lou. The investigation into the joint pain is in hand which I'm relieved about.

      The nutrition class info will be in the next post (well, a very brief overview anyway!). The hand washing advice seems to have taken a bit of a back seat over here. At one time there were reminders everywhere but haven't heard that advice on radio or TV for ages now.

      Hope you and Mr Man have a good weekend too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts