Friday 22nd October

Yesterday was a pleasantly relaxed day. I hadn't slept too well so didn't have the energy to do much but I did tick off most of the tasks on my list. 

G was here to cut my hair so I'm feeling human once again! She was genuinely completely surprised by the thank you gift of wine and assured me that it will be enjoyed at the weekend!

In the Indian cookery class we were shown how to make paneer which looks very easy but, as it's made from cow's milk, it's not something I can eat. She's going to find out if it is possible to make paneer with non dairy milks and will let me know next week. The recipe she cooked to showcase the homemade paneer as the main ingredient was Paneer Bhurji (a spicy paneer mash) which looked absolutely lovely so, if it's not possible to make the paneer from non dairy milk, I will substitute the paneer with tofu and give it a go.

M will be here this morning, probably not for long as there are just the daffodils, crocus, cyclamen and pansies to plant, all destined for pots. There may be some more of the annuals to clear out but I'm not sure. At least I don't need to water anything with all the rain we are getting!

It's the nutrition focus this morning for an hour from 11am. When they changed the timetable this is the only one that, once a fortnight when M is here, isn't at the best time for me. It used to be at 1pm and M has usually left by then, so with the new time I end up missing chunks of the class. Although in saying that it won't be a problem today as the topic is healthy treats for Halloween, which I'm not really interested in.

The only other plans for today is to tackle some housework. I'll do a couple of loads of washing (because that always makes me feel productive) plus focus on cleaning and tidying the living room. There should be two more of the Christmas goodies arriving today so they will be wrapped and put away. As for the rest of the time, I think I'll be snuggling up on the sofa to lose myself in a book.

Comments

  1. Oh, doing a load or two of laundry always makes me feel productive, too! Funny how that works, isn't it? Healthy treats and Halloween don't go well together, in my opinion! Caramel apples, maybe, but nothing more nutritious than that! :D Enjoy gardening with M!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's because the noise of the washing machine makes the place sound industrious 😂

      I don't bother with Halloween at all and I'm trying to avoid foodie type treats as they don't fit well with my desire to lose weight!

      M has planted the rest of the bulbs and cyclamen so I'm all set for some winter and early spring colour.

      Delete
  2. What a shame the nutrition class clashes with M's visits. It has been very wet this week but I always think the garden enjoys it even if we don't. I try not to use my tumble drier if i can help it but with so much rain there's been no choice this week, I do like washing that's dried outside in the fresh air. Your hairdresser will have been thrilled to bits to be appreciated and will enjoy her wine and it was very kind gift from you you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. M won't be here as frequently during the winter so I'll get to see most of them for the next few months. It is a shame but Friday mornings suits M and I don't want to lose her by insisting on a change of day.

      I don't often use the tumble drier but it was unavoidable today as I don't want damp bedding drying around the house.

      G was really pleased with the wine, I think. I'm glad I remembered to get it to say thanks.

      Delete
  3. I'm having trouble with sleep also, hence why I'm posting so early (my time) (col). Laundry does have a good feeling of having done something productive, it's why I am so thankful to have a washer & dryer at home. You remind me that I've got a bag of snowdrops to put into the ground, but just maybe I'll put in pots & overwinter in the garage. The only thing I like about Halloween is that chocolate comes in sample sizing, which are good for Advent calendar treats, which has got to make that healthier - small portions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the weather that kept me awake this time. My sleep pattern has improved a lot lately and is not the issue that it once was. I hope you can get your sleep pattern sorted.

      I haven't got snowdrops which was very remiss of me. I'll wait now and buy them in the green next year as they always seem to do better. Good luck with yours. All of my bulbs are in pots and will store in the garage once they've finished flowering in spring.

      Do you know I have never associated Halloween with chocolate! Sweets yes, but not chocolate.

      Delete
  4. Glad you got your haircut - some times something like that can help make us feel a lot better.

    I haven't been sleeping at all well since Mum passed. Sometimes I wake up, start thinking and then just can't get back to sleep again. I try to not feel guilty if I fall asleep in the afternoon. I think perhaps my body will let me know when I need more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's understandable that your sleep pattern has been upset and hope it resolves soon. In the meantime, you're doing the right thing and listening to your body. No need to feel guilty, just take naps as and when you need to. It's all part of the healing process. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts