Weekly Reflections

 Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • chatting with family and friends
  • selling some more of the decluttered items
  • finding a much loved book that I thought had been lost years ago
  • the printer co-operating and printing all the booklets for the weight loss programme without any paper jams or error messages!
  • appreciating plenty of rain for the gardens and that there was no damage following high winds during Wednesday night
  • finding some new-to-me recipes to try out
  • getting a supermarket delivery slot at short notice
  • enjoying the piano lessons with C


I am grateful ...
  • that my niece and her family are slowly recovery from Covid, and 
  • that Baby R's PCR test was negative after another child at the nursery tested positive
  • for the NHS


Lifestyle changes
  • exercise: 
    • 45 minutes daily walk. Achieved 20 - 25 minutes on most days
    • 20 minutes daily knee strengthening. Achieved 
  • weight: no change

Comments

  1. Good to know your family are recovering from Covid and baby R had a negative test result. Our wonderful NHS, can't praise them highly enough. Good that your printer played nicely and printed your booklets, mine said out of paper a few times when clearly it wasn't! I hope you enjoy your new course this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The NHS is doing a marvellous job despite being underfunded, understaffed and underpaid. Thanks for your kind words re my family, they're recovering slowly.

      The printer usually plays up when I have something important to print out but it played nicely this time ... wonders will never cease! At least I'm not the only who has a printer with a mind of its own from your description of yours!

      Delete
  2. Lots of good reasons to be cheerful and grateful! So glad you found the book you thought you'd lost! Yay for the printer working well. I'm glad your niece and family are recovering from Covid and Baby R's test results were negative. I hope the coming week will be as filled with reasons for good cheer and gratitude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so relieved to find the book, lovely memories from childhood are in its pages.

      The news that this niece had Covid was shocking as she has a serious auto immune condition and is vulnerable in Covid terms. It's good news and a huge relief that they're all recovering.

      thanks Bless and I wish the same for you and your daughter.

      Delete
  3. How lovely to find that book again. Isn't it great when things like that happen!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great and really cheered me up. It's a little autograph book filled with messages from classmates and teachers on my last day at senior school, so filled with memories.

      Delete
  4. I'm sure it was a lovely surprise to find the lost book :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely. I was quite tearful when I found it 😊

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a busy week with lots to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been busy, but plenty of fun times too x

      Delete
  6. So happy for you, finding that book! Now I've read the comments and discovered what book it was, I'm even happier. I have something similar and it holds great emotional value. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being twins we had identical books and some time ago I discovered that the one I had was actually hers. She said she didn't have mine so I thought it was lost but then found it amongst some of Mum's papers. It's very precious to me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts