Wednesday 27th October

Despite best intentions I didn't achieve half of what I wanted to yesterday. There was another power cut first thing; it wasn't out for too long so I started a load of washing, made my breakfast and put lentils and veg soup to cook in the slow cooker and, you've guessed it, the power went off again. This time for twenty minutes and then intermittent blips for a good part of the morning which the broadband couldn't cope with and went on strike! It was difficult to know what to do but I used my phone for bloggy things and thankfully the laptop was fully charged so I was able to finish off all the admin - I saw later that the emails didn't send until mid afternoon which is presumably when the broadband sorted itself out. I stopped the washing machine and slow cooker after the second power cut and left it until mid afternoon before switching them back on again. The soup was for today (and freezer portions) anyway so that wasn't a problem and I left the washing to dry overnight on the airing rack instead of using the tumble dryer. 

Fingers are crossed for a calmer and more productive day today. It's a full on morning of online classes - nutrition, piano, and style - and then I'll get started on placing the adverts. I had to transfer the photos from camera to laptop so couldn't do it yesterday as the camera battery needed to be recharged first which I didn't want to do until I was sure that the power supply was back to normal. That'll be my first job today. 

Comments

  1. You're very unlucky having power cuts, what a nuisance for you. Fingers crossed it's all back to normal now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back in 2013 when I first moved to this house there were constant power cuts but since then it's generally been okay with just the odd weather related issue. We've had a few blips this year but not as bad as it was and hopefully the power company now has it sorted. No problems today, thanks.

      Delete
  2. What a pain. Hoping everything goes smoothly for you today.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all working properly today, thanks xx

      Delete
  3. Seems the power cut affected different areas in different ways. We lost ours once for about 20 minutes while eating breakfast, so 7am ish, and then it was fine for the rest of the day, and no broadband problems at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always seem to have it worse ... I blame the Hilperton lot! 😂😂

      Delete
  4. Well if the power had to be out, yesterday was better than today ... I hope you enjoy your classes today without interruption. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have been disastrous today but thankfully it's all fine and the classes went ahead as planned.

      Delete
  5. Oh Eillen, I hope that today all were well.
    Thanks for visit me.
    Hugs
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was all fine today, thanks Ailime. Everything working as it should and all back to mormal.

      Delete
  6. It's almost scary how dependent we are on having power available, these days! I'm glad it was out only for short periods of time and things were fine, today. Lentil soup sounds good! I often add a handful of lentils to my soups, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dependence on power was very much on my mind yesterday. It even impacted on my practice as I have an electric piano! I seem to add lentils to all sorts of meals now - I'm trying to reduce the amount of meat I eat and they are a good source of protein.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts