Monday 25th October

I have a busy-ish week ahead of me. With everything that's on the to-do list it's not a particularly well balanced week as the social side of things is non existent, but I need to have another push at dealing with a chunk of the decluttering if I want to meet my 1st December completion date.

Today I have the style class at 10am for an hour so I'll fit in my two practice sessions, Italian and piano, before that time to leave the rest of the day free to focus on the decluttering. As I write this I'm not sure exactly what I'll focus on today but the stuff piled on the dining table seems as good a place to start as any ... I just can't remember what's in all the boxes. I'll aim to get the photos taken before lunch and then make a start on placing the adverts this afternoon. 

Either today or tomorrow I have admin tasks to catch up on. Most of it won't take too long to do so it's as well to get it done and out of the way and then I can forget about it for a while. The most time consuming thing is to finish off my meal planning. I was debating whether to leave it until the weight loss pilot scheme starts but have decided to get on with it and then tweak it, if necessary. Once that's completed I will have a shopping list of sorts, mainly fruit and veg, so will fit in a late night or early morning visit to one of the supermarkets - not to do with trying to fit too much into my days but more to do with when I think the stores will be quieter!

Best go and get started!

Comments

  1. I agree that the table is a good place to start. Also that it would be good to get on with the meal planning. It'll be worth it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I looked at the stuff on the table it wasn't too bad and I've made a start on it before I switched to meal planning. I'm making hard work of the meal planning for some reason but have a couple of weeks sorted so will go with that for now. 😊 xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you have a full day planned, with your practicing, style class, decluttering, meal planning, etc., and a busy week ahead! I hope there will be a social engagement or two as the week progresses, as well. :) My plans for tomorrow include an eye appointment. The forecast calls for a major rain storm, with mud slides, downed trees, and floods! I hope I can get back home before it starts to rain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a busy week but I feel in the mood to tackle some of the decluttering and to get on with some of my least favourite jobs around the house. I can sit back and feel smug once it's all done! All things social are off I'm afraid - people are either self isolating, poorly with colds, or busy with work!

      I hope your eye appointment goes well. Fingers crossed that the rain holds off until you get safely home. xx

      Delete
  3. I hope you get on well with your decluttering, it'll be a surprise to see what you had stashed in the boxes. Sounds like a busy few days for you. I called in Sainsbury's yesterday for a few bits and bobs, it was a bit too busy for my liking and unfortunately some shelves were looking quite bare and I didn't get all I wanted. I've just checked online and the Tesco website is now back after a suspected hack, did you read about that? Worrying times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. I've now decided that some of it can be donated to charity and the recorder music can go to the local primary school, so that's made it slightly easier.

      I googled about the Tesco website after reading your comment. I wasn't aware of it before though. It is indeed very worrying times. I'll see whether the shelves are looking bare when I go shopping tomorrow - I hope not. x

      Delete
  4. A busy week planned, all good busy though :) It would be nice to reclaim your dining room table for eating for when your diet workshops begin. One tip I remember from a healthy eating workshop; eat at the table, not in front of the TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've still been eating at the table as I left a corner free for that purpose but it'll be lovely to have a clear table again, so mealtimes can be more relaxed.

      Yes, it's a good sort of busy and benefits to be had once I get it all done.

      Delete
  5. I admire all your self-discipline to be so consistent about your lessons and your meal-planning. I also try to hit the grocery when I know it will be less crowded. Sunday after early church service is very quiet as to customers, but the stockers are usually there in force. And still none of shelves are stocked to the levels of pre-pandemic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think living alone makes it easier to be disciplined about the lessons and meal planning, etc. I definitely wasn't as consistent during my years with Ced!

      I'm hopeful of finding well stocked shelves when I go shopping tomorrow but I may be wrong ... hope not!

      Delete
  6. I hope the decluttering goes well. I've got a start but I'm finding it difficult to get rid of some things. I think I'm going to go through things, get rid of those bits I find easy and then revisit in a few weeks and if I haven't used certain things I'll then get rid of them. Hopefully I'll have things to donate so I don't feel as bad getting rid of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon and good luck with yours. I've had many many attempts at decluttering. Initially there were so many things I found hard to let go but at each decluttering attempt I've found that I was ready to let a few more of those items go. Bit by bit I've been able to clear the majority of it. It does get easier, honestly. xx

      Delete
  7. Hi Eileen,
    Many tasks, but you can do it successfully!
    Good luck;))!!
    Hugs and I wish you a good week.
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts