Monday 4th October

Yesterday was a wet and windy day which I dealt with by staying indoors and having a lovely lazy day.  I don't often watch daytime TV but I turned the TV on to see if there was anything worth watching and timed it perfectly for a repeat showing of the Tipping Point: Lucky Stars show I watched being recorded in Bristol in 2019. So a fun day filled with piano and Italian practice, TV shows, phone calls to and from friends, and early to bed to finish the day with my nose stuck in a book.

It's all change this week. If I want to continue with the same online classes (which I do), I have to move things round to fit in with the new timetable so there'll be quite a bit of tweaking to get the days to flow nicely ... I like a challenge! Today the Style Coach session is at 11am, brought forward from 2pm, but then I'll be free for rest of the day so I'm seeing that as a positive change.  There's also a new folk music session I'd like to try for an hour at 6pm. I think this will be more like a visit to a folk club, so listening and enjoying rather than being taught the songs but that suits me as folk music is one of my favourite genres.

It's supposed to be dry and sunny this morning so as soon as I've had my breakfast I'll head out for today's walk. I want to get on with the decluttering this week. My aim for today, which is most likely for this afternoon, is to move everything that I still need to sell to one place, probably the dining room, so I can get a better idea of how much more I have to deal with. I have a couple of boxes in the living room and I want to move those out, clean the room and return it back to a room I can relax in.

Comments

  1. Staying indoors and relaxing is the best way to spend a wet and windy day, I think! You have the right attitude about change being positive. My mother used to say that change was good. :) I hope you will enjoy the challenge of making your days flow well. I hope your day goes well and the decluttering goes well, too. Have a lovely Monday, Eileen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quite enjoy Tipping Point too. Those penny arcade machines always fascinated me!
    The folk club thing sounds really good. Great fun.
    Good luck with your plans for today. They all sounds very positive.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy watching Tipping Point too, it's followed by the Chase on weekday afternoons, I like quiz shows. I hope you manage to tweak your timetable so your days flow well. Have a good day today and absolutely make the most of the better weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rearranging your schedule sounds like you have a good handle on it already. I've had to do the same with fitting in the new online course around work. I think my fun times online will definitely have to be reduced. Good idea to get all the remaining bits & bobs that you want to sell in a central location; you'll have a good view of how much you have already de-cluttered.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never watched Tipping Point but Eggheads starts again this evening.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts