Finally ...

... the dining table is clear! From now on I'll have all my meals sitting at this table - a self-imposed rule to stop eating in front of the TV. I always used to sit at the table to eat but have got into bad habits since the table disappeared under a heap of boxes.



The protection will stay on the table for the time being as that's going to be where I sort out some of the boxes. If you're wondering where all the boxes have gone ... they're in the music room until I get round to sorting them out.


It's not quite as bad as it looks as about a third of the boxes contain things I want to keep and which just have to be put away. 

I spent most of yesterday moving furniture around and have ended up with everything in the correct room, with the exception of the chair that will eventually live in the music room but is in the corner of the living room for now ... there just wasn't enough space to squeeze it in! It took ages as I kept taking rests to summon up the energy to carry on ... but at least I slept well last night. The next stage is to hoover each room again (new carpets, lovely as they are, are dust monsters!) and then start clearing all of these boxes.

Comments

  1. It's so exciting to see it all taking shape. Worth all that hrd work, I expect.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is. Sometimes I get overwhelmed by all that still has to be done but then an evening relaxing in this room reminds me that it is all worth the effort.

      Delete
  2. You have been busy! You got a lot done. I need to clear the horizontal surfaces in my room as I've noticed that things have started piling up on them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to be good and stay on top of things now that the rooms are back in proper use. Anything that takes 10 minutes or less is done there and then and I'm making sure that everything I want to keep has a proper place so hopefully, the piles of stuff that need to be put away will become a thing of the past.

      Delete
  3. Great to have that space back. Mr Man & I are trying to follow the same guidance - eat at the table either in the kitchen or dining room. A lot of mindless munching goes on it front of the TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel much better if I sit at the table to eat. Sometimes I read while I'm eating but often take the time for some peace and quiet.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts