Plan 'B'

Forget about tidying the garden and clearing the dining table, a phone call late yesterday afternoon has changed my plans. The carpet fitters will now be here much earlier than expected ... next Friday ... which is fantastic news, but means that disposal of the old carpets and clearing the rooms now has to be accomplished in much less time.

My nephew rose to the challenge and came round last night to lift the carpets for me. They've all been cut and tied into manageable rolls which I'll take to the recycling centre later this morning. The photo shows the carpets from two rooms and there's about the same amount upstairs ... it'll probably mean three or four trips but fortunately the recycling centre is only about five minutes away. 


The underlay was stapled in position so my next task will be to remove those, or at least make them safe. I've already done my bedroom and that room is empty, ready for next week. The other two bedrooms will be done this afternoon and then it's just the landing, stairs and living room to do ... until then I'll just have to take extra care where I walk as lots of the staples are sticking up ready to pierce carelessly placed toes! It's interesting to see that the living room carpet was laid on what I think was the original laminate flooring.

My nephew moved some of the stuff from the bedrooms into the dining room, so all that remains to be done upstairs is to find space in any of the cupboards to put things away and leave the floors clear. That'll probably get done tomorrow. 

I have a few medical appointments next week so won't have much free time during the days, but it looks like I'll be ready in plenty of time ... Plan 'B' seems to be working!

Comments

  1. You have been busy. We had to lift the laminate floor too, as the fitter wouldn’t put the carpet on top. Very sore on the knees! Looking forward to seeing the finished result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It hadn't occurred to me that the laminate floor might be a problem. Fingers crossed that it isn't,

      Delete
  2. Always good to have a Plan B. Nice that the last major piece of renovations will be done soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be lovely to just relax and 'live' at home ... I can't wait!

      Delete
  3. Oh, my goodness, that must have been a shock. Good for you for getting it all done and dusted, more or less, and what a wonderful nephew!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's brilliant and so is the other one as well. I'm very lucky.

      Delete
  4. Olá Eileen,
    Muito trabalho a fazer, mas no final vai ficar tudo lindo!
    Abraços e bom fim de semana.
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Translation: Hello, Eileen, A lot of work to do, but in the end it's going to be beautiful!Hugs and a good weekend. Ailime

      I don't have much to do myself now, just putting things in their proper places once the workmen have finished

      Delete
  5. Glad you were able to accommodate the earlier than planned date to have the carpets installed! I'd have panicked! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels very rushed but I will be so glad to have it all finished. Not long now!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts