The Bathroom (1)


This is the family bathroom, taken early this morning before there was enough natural light, hence the dark shadows. It's actually a very bright, light room even if it doesn't look like it in the photo! Although it doesn't look like it, the entire border is made up of the pink/black ribbon tiles - they are glass hologram tiles and in real life the ribbon appears to 'move', depending on your angle of view. The pink is the dominant colour, even though some of them look black in this photo.

Yesterday turned out to be a very productive day with what felt like very little effort on my part. I spent 30 minutes tidying the playroom cupboards and in that time I was able to sort out four shelves - admittedly the easiest ones and I'm under no illusions that the rest will be as simple, but it was a good start. As well as moving out the stuff that belongs elsewhere I'm also reorganising each cupboard as I go along, so apart from one other shelf, everything else has to be moved between cupboards. 

I didn't start on the next box in the music room, choosing instead to sort through my undies and dispose of anything that no longer fitted or was long past its best. It didn't actually take that long but it's another thing ticked off the list. 

Later in the afternoon I started sorting through the Davenport, getting rid of lots of unwanted papers, organising the items to be kept into the side drawers and moving things like stamps, keepsakes and tokens into the inner drawers. I have the contents of three drawers still to sort through so that will be finished today sometime. It was a bit of a shock to find that the Davenport needs to be repaired (from being lifted/moved incorrectly) - I'm not sure when it happened but must date back to the previous house or the move to this one so it's been added to the list and I'll get it repaired when finances permit … it won't be cheap! 

The carpet fitters will be here later to finish off the vinyl flooring in the bathrooms so I can't go out until this afternoon. I need to go out today as the forecast isn’t brilliant for the next few days and I want to get two more photos for Kate’s scavenger hunt as we have to post them on our blog on Friday. I also need to confirm the order for the new armchair, buy some more plastic boxes/trays for the playroom cupboards, and look for a new top to go with a skirt I've had for ages but have never worn. All the stores are in the same retail park so I shouldn't be out for long. 

Comments

  1. That is quite the jazzy pattern in the tiles - what fun for a bathroom & of course if it's pink, it's perfect. We tidied our kitchen junk drawer on Sunday afternoon - surprised how quickly it was ordered, so yeah to another item off the list. The small successes do encourage "us" to tackle the bigger ones. Sad about the Davenport.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely surprising how much you can get done in a short time if you set your mind to it. With the rest of the stuff I still need to sort/organise/dispose of, I'm just thinking of it in terms of 20 minutes of effort at a time and in that way, chip away at what needs to be done.

      Delete
  2. I love the cool atyle of all your rooms, Eileen. It's very restful and the colour accents just emphasise the peace.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy, I think you can see what I wanted to achieve. A couple of my friends haven't 'got' it at all and keep saying I 'need' colour on the wall!

      Delete
  3. I don't think I've ever seen tiles like that! What fun! Is that a heated towel rail? Again, I've never seen one, before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's a heated towel rail. It's dual fuel so works from the central heating and/or electricity. It's brilliant for drying clothes so I won't be using the tumble dryer as much in the future!

      Delete
  4. What unusual tiles, they make quite a statement without being over the top. It sounds like you've got your hands full on the sorting and tidying front, it's an ongoing job, isn't it? I've been at it for the last couple of years and once you finish you end up starting over again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I finish this major decluttering of my late partner's things I plan to stay on top of it and not let too much clutter accumulate. Good intentions but ... will I be successful, that's the question!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts