The Front Garden (2)


This is the patch of garden outside the kitchen window. The big shrub is a buddleia, Wisteria Lawn, which suffered badly during that really hot spell last summer. The interior of the shrub is brown and looks dead but a gardener friend has advised that I leave it alone and see what happens in the spring.

On the left of the photo you can just see the edge of the trellis but the climbing plant needs to be replaced this year. The previous one was too vigorous for that position and kept blocking the boiler vent, so I gifted it to my sister and it is now growing quite happily and twining around one of their trees. I haven't decided what to grow in its place yet but know that I want an evergreen flowering climber, preferably white flowers. 

I had to bathe my eyes to get them open properly this morning so I'm hoping that it's down to a reaction to all the dust from lifting the old carpets or maybe a bout of conjunctivitis, rather than a development relating to the existing more serious eye problems. Luckily I have an appointment to see my doctor later this morning about something else so can get some immediate attention, whatever it is.

Apart from that, it's going to be another easy day. The house is ready for the carpet fitters tomorrow so I can just sit back and relax!

Comments

  1. I hope that this morning's eye problem was due to the dust or something and not anything more serious. I'm glad you have an appointment with the doctor, so you can have it seen to. I hope all is well.

    The buddleia should grow back without any problem. I'm sure it looks lovely when it is in bloom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a close up look at it and I think you're right. There are signs of new green growth on the centre stems which I though had died.

      Delete
  2. Hope you are better. I've got all possible body parts crossed that it's nothing to serious with your eyes. I can only imagine when pulling up carpets there was lots of tiny fibers coming loose into the air. Buddleia (Butterfly Bushes) are so pretty in bloom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully just irritation from the dust. I can't tell you how relieved I was.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts