The Front Garden (1)


It's all looking a bit drab at the front of the house. Later in the year the hebes will display their pink foliage and the lavender will add some splashes of deep purple and it'll all look a lot brighter.

I didn't make it to the quiz last night. I started vomiting in the afternoon and that was it for the rest of the day. Today, I'm tired but thankfully no long feeling sick.

The plumbers didn't turn up as promised and have now rescheduled for next Monday. It's frustrating, especially when there is so little left to do … I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will turn up, do the work, and sign off on the job. On the plus side the curtain fitter arrived on time, sorted out two more curtain poles and I now have the curtains in the dining room and the music room, leaving just the ones for my bedroom to be delivered. 

My new tablet has arrived but I can't get it to charge so it may have to go back, or at least ask the supplier to provide a replacement charging cable ... yet more frustration I could do without. I think it may be a day for pulling up the drawbridge and having a little pamper time!

Comments

  1. You thought you might be going down with something, didn't you. That's such a shame but you really couldn't have gone to the quiz night. Not a nice day with all those little (and not so little) frustrations
    Have a lovely, quiet, kind-to-yourself day today and hopefully you will feel much better by this evening.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's definitely a virus. At least I can take things easy now I'm retired!

      Delete
  2. Oh I hate throwing up - hopefully that has all passed (literally & figuratively) ... how very rude of those plumbers. Yes a day in all to yourself is probably what you need most. Be well my friend, be well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm fed up with the plumbers! I just want it finished now.

      Delete
  3. Oh no! I'm glad you're feeling better. I bet that space in the front of the house looks great in summer. My garden seems so dull and drab right now - nothing growing at all. I can't wait for Spring and Summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look tons better in the summer. I need to think about some winter colour for my garden ... I'll just add that to the list!

      Delete
  4. Sorry to read that you didn't feel well; hope you are feeling better now. The front garden must look lovely when the plants are flowering.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts