And So It Begins!

Happy New Year! I hope 2019 brings good health and happiness with it for everyone.

It's day one of my 2019 photo project where the theme is 'home and garden'. I'm starting by photographing all of the 'problem' areas in the hope that I can see the improvements as the year progresses.

Day one features the dining room table, currently piled high with boxes. It's a priority to clear this as I want to eat all my meals at this table so I'm breaking my self imposed rule of 'no eating in the living room' until I get this done.


It's not as bad as it looks! This is the result of clearing out the living room in preparation for the work to start and of sorting out some of the cupboards in my playroom. Now that I have the space it is just a case of re-sorting, putting the 'keeps' away, and then disposing of the rest. This should only take about two - three hours effort to get it done ... I just need the motivation to get started!

Comments

  1. As my Gran would say (often) "start as you mean to go on ..." The idea of photographing your challenge areas is such a good idea - the before & after makes for more encouragement.

    Cheers to a tidy & organized 2019.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep saying that to myself as well. Small world!

      Delete
  2. It all sounds good to me!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can start a jigsaw as soon as I rediscover the table top!

      Delete
  3. Ah, motivation. If only one could purchase a good dollop from the local shop or, even better, from Amazon Prime!
    I love the idea of photos. I see more in a photo than I do looking at the real thing.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need the encouragement from looking back at the photos to keep me going. Thankfully I'm nearing the end of this stage.

      Delete
  4. Oh, I like the idea of taking before and after photos! I have several spots in my home that resemble your dining table! LOL! Doing a jigsaw puzzle can be the reward for sorting out the items on your table! I hope it provides the motivation you need!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've chosen the jigsaw already, one I received as a late Christmas gift last year.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts