The Garage (2)


This is the end of the garage I use regularly and which just needs tidying up. Again!

Apart from delivering my nephew's birthday card yesterday, I didn't get much done yesterday. I felt alright when I woke up but as the morning progressed I felt really chilled and couldn't get warm so it evolved into a day of sort of feeling sorry for myself! I'd filled the slow cooker with a hearty lamb stew which bubbled away contentedly through the day and I ate it in front of the TV, watching a re-run of the Harry Potter film series. 

The plumbers will be here later this morning to finish off - I think there's only the kitchen tap to change so I'm not sure why that will require both of them. This afternoon the fitter will return to fit the rest of the curtain poles so that'll be another job to tick off the list. There's still one pair of curtains to be delivered but hanging them will be an easy five minute job - hopefully next week for those.

Tonight it is the girl's night out with Julie, Lauren and Sue and we're going back to the previously visited pub for their quiz night in aid of Wiltshire Air Ambulance. I like the quiz but it doesn't give us much time to sit and chat, so maybe we need to add in another monthly meet, maybe going for a meal, but something where we can sit and catch up on each other's news.

Comments

  1. Hope you were able to warm up, yesterday, Eileen, and are feeling OK, today. Sounds like you've a good day planned, with some work getting done in the morning and afternoon, and an evening out with your friends. Hope you have a fun evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling a lot better today thanks Bless, and looking forward to the quiz night.

      Delete
  2. I have to admit, it's a haven of bliss compared with my garage!!!
    Have a lovely evening. Any excuse for another meet sounds good to me!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that surprises me … I'd have guessed at you having a really tiny garage!

      Delete
  3. Good Luck with the quiz tonight. Hoping you aren't coming down with something - this side of the pond there's SO much mutant colds & flu about, makes me want to re-think being social (col).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping it's due to being overtired, rather than a bug. I'm looking forward to the quiz but have just realized that I'll have to miss the 2nd Harry Potter film - they're showing all eight films again starting yesterday but instead of being one per week, they are showing one every night.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts