January Scavenger Hunt

It's time to show my selection for Kate's monthly scavenger hunt. It's been a last minute panic to get them all sorted and I've had to resort to a couple from my archives (note to self: don't leave it till the last minute and do better next time!).

Metallic | here's two of the bags I received at Christmas, filled with delightful goodies. The gold one hasn't photographed too well but I hope you can see that it is glittery.



Plate | I found this brass plate among my late partner's things. I have no idea where it came from but it amused me.



Made | a back view of the Joseph coat I made some years ago for one of my schools to use in their summer production. It has been used by many other children since in other schools, at summer camps and for fancy dress days at school. It was worth the effort!



Aged | this one is from my archives and shows one of the books in the chained library at Wells Cathedral. This importance of this book is that the book was owned and annotated in red ink by Thomas Cranmer (1489 - 1556).



Modern | I couldn't decide how to photograph 'modern' so in the end settled for the changes we see around for the introduction of electric cars. This is one of the charging stations in a local car park.



Own Choice | this isn't the photograph I was intending to use but it caught my eye when I was searching back through my old photographs. I love the colour in this one.



Many thanks to Kate for organising this link up.

Comments

  1. OH some wonderful finds. I too had a chuckle at the brass sign. I think the electric car charging spot is truly a reflection of modern & WOW to the coat of many colours. Your unfolding bud photo is fantastic close up work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made and Aged are super photos. It is satisfying to see something you made being used time and time again. I now make myself use what I have made and not 'put it away'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the wording on that plate and Joseph's coat is fantastic. Nice that it has been used so often. Makes it worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely selection - I thought the plate rather amusing and your own choice is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great selection. Fabulous idea with the electric charging point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Shoot first; ask questions, later"! Ha, ha. Hope the poachers knew to read!

    Great selection of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great selection & the brass plate I found quite amusing. Glad to see your "made" coat has been well used by so many children and the "electric filling station"(giggle) was great for modern. I've never seen one out here anywhere. Thanks & take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the glittery multi-coloured bag, the brass plate made me smile, and the unfolding bud is a beautiful colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the photos. Love the coat of many colours. The brass plate was very amusing

    Julie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos! I love the Thomas Cranmer annotations which strangely look quite modern I think! The electric charging point is really interesting to see, as we still don't seem to have many around where I live, April xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your photos - the plate is priceless - very funny. And I love that shot of the bud opening. Your Joseph coat is fabulous - no wonder it's been put to good use and will be for years to come no doubt. Fil

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the Wells Cathedral picture. Unusual to see the book spines at the top as chained books were usually stored with the spine 'in' rather than out as we are used to today. How lovely to be able to get up to close to the ms.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts