Waking Up!


I'm talking about the garden, not me! I had a bit of a wander round to see what was happening and was delighted to see that the pieris is starting to flower. Each individual flowers is tiny, only about 5mm long, but the plant is covered in buds so it'll be beautiful when they all flower. There's plenty of green growth around following the recent rain so I need to get outside and do some tidying up to give everything the room it needs.

It's not a job for today though. I've woken with a terrible headache and don't have the energy to be outside continuously bending, so will carry on with sorting and organising indoors. Yesterday I worked through two big plastic crates, reducing the contents to half a crate, so my first job will be to find homes for those things and then maybe pick the next box to start on.

I'm supposed to go to a band committee meeting tonight but, if this headache doesn't disappear, I may check to see that there are enough people going to ensure a quorum and if so, may send my apologies. I think I need an early night.

Comments

  1. Ypu'ce been working very hard. Maybe your body is just saying 'slow down'!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right. I need a few easy days to catch up with myself.

      Delete
    2. That should have read 'You've'. My typing gets worse and worse!

      Delete
  2. So sorry to read that you have a bad headache. Maybe just take a break from all the sorting and arranging, and give yourself a day to relax?

    The photo of the flower bud is lovely! I am waiting for a break in the rain to go out into the garden to see what is happening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm taking a few easy days and will get back to the sorting next week. I think I need to pace myself better.

      Delete
  3. It's good to know that things are quietly moving forwards!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aril. It feels so much 'lighter' to have all the messy stuff done and to have a proper home again.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts