Saturday


My sister sent round two huge bags of books which should keep me going for a while. I'd previously sent two bags of books home with A on Tuesday so this latest pile of books hasn't taken me over my self imposed limit of books in the house - they still all fit in the one bookcase.

Much like yesterday it's cold, windy and wet and the forecast is for torrential rain over the weekend so I don't think I'll be going out. I see me spending some more time searching for that elusive ancestor today with maybe some music practice thrown in the mix.

I have another photo for the SPSH ... No 10| something made of stone, this is one of the new displays in a local community garden and represents one of the latest community games  being enjoyed in the town - painted stones are hidden around the town, finds are reported on a Facebook page, and then the stones are re-hidden for someone else to find. It's harmless fun for the children and plenty of adults are indulging their artistic side and producing some amazing creations.

Comments

  1. Yay, you have new books to read during the rainy weekend! Perfect!

    I like your photo for prompt #10, too. Your other photos (in yesterday's post) were great finds, too, and, as I commented (rather late, I'm afraid), everything seems so nice and green!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have more books than I will ever manage to read and in a couple of months my sister will send some more, so at some stage I will have to go through the bookcase and pass on the ones that I'm less likely to read

      It's all looking very green here again after the recent hot spell ... all the rain is encouraging lots of lush green growth again.

      Delete
  2. Lovely pile of books!

    And you have passed many on, so you aren't over-loading your own "stash". Wonderful plan.

    Such a cute thing.... Painted stones. To find. And re-hide.

    ✨🍑✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Searching for the hidden stones is providing some free and fun entertainment for local children. As for the books, I always pass them on once I've read them.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts