Thursday


Well yesterday didn't quite go according  to plan. I got caught up with some more band issues and had to fit in a meeting I wasn't expecting to go to - the others were all at work and I was the only one available, one of the benefits of being retired I suppose. I did get to meet S for coffee which turned out to be a fun 90 minute interlude in an otherwise manic day.

Today will be much calmer. The follow on from the meeting will be handled via emails, so won't necessarily be down to me to do. I plan to take it easy at home. The forecast is for yet more rain so I doubt that I'll be going out. At the moment it actually feels chilly enough to turn on the heating but I'm resisting the temptation and have added more clothing layers instead. 

Assuming I don't get called out again I'd like to get back to the family tree research. I still haven't found any information on my paternal grandfather but I have been able to fill some of the gaps in my tree and confirm other entries so hopefully I'm getting closer!

Comments

  1. For band 'closed season', it seems to be taking up an awful lot of your time. I do hope everything is sorted and resolved quickly with no more worries and meetings.

    I also hope you are able to enjoy the good things you have planned for today.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually there wouldn't be anything to do during the break. This extra stuff is all to do with the recent issues which can't wait until we resume if we want to ensure the future if the band. I'd be worrying more if we weren't taking these actions.

      Delete
  2. I hope the band members realize how lucky they are that you are available to attend to all these band related matters! I'm glad you were able to have coffee with S, though.

    I hope you have a more relaxed day, today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the band members have absolutely no idea what goes on behind the scenes to run the band and to be honest, that's the way we want it. Most of our members are under 13 and it should just be fun for them. Parents help when asked but this latest issue is for the committee to handle and we'll request help when we've reached our decision.

      Delete
  3. Ah the best laid plans of mice & men ... hopefully today will be a day to yourself at a relaxing pace with search results revealing a trail to discover your paternal grandfather. I'm still having no luck finding my maternal grandmother ... it's like she was in the witness protection program!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My problem is the opposite of yours. I'm trying to find an Alfred Taylor and I can find pages and pages of men with that name born in the correct town in the time period I'm looking at. Over 50 of them also have a father named Albert, but I can't settle on any of them with absolute certainty.

      Delete
  4. Please watch out, for being "tooooo available," in retirement. You do it once, or twice, and you become the 'go to' person. Retirement *should* be only for, what you choose to do, at this point, in your life. IMHO (In my humble opinion) of course.

    Love the ducks on the landing...

    ✨🍑✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've always been the 'go to' person and I don't really see that changing now I'm retired. I'm pretty good at saying no when I need to. On this particular occasion I was the only person available and, as a committee member was simply accepting the responsibility that comes with being on the committee.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts