Thursday

A possibility for the SPSH - No 3 Repetition. These are the Alms Houses in Trowbridge.
Yesterday turned out to be a strange sort of day. I spent most of the morning trying to arrange a date and time when the band's executive officers and musical director could meet to discuss a huge issue facing the band. We finally managed to agree on a date and time when we will meet and we will then call a full committee meeting at the earliest possible date after that. Luckily I won't have to arrange the full committee as the secretary will have that honour! I only did this one because it was initially going to be on a Saturday and the secretary would have been away. I can't mention what the issue is at this stage but will be able to talk freely about it once it is resolved. Trying to arrange a meeting between the four of us was like trying to push treacle uphill! It's arranged for Monday evening, so not long to wait and enough time to do some research towards a possible solution.

In the afternoon I met S for coffee and a catch up, which was good fun. His Dad sent a home grown patty pan squash for me so I will be cooking that up today, trying a vegan stuffed patty pan recipe I found online. On the way back to the car I got caught in a short but heavy downpour and arrived home soaked to the skin, so it was straight in the shower and then jimjams for the rest of the day. The evening was split between reading, watching some more episodes of Friends, with a bit of piano playing thrown in for luck.

Today I need to run a load of laundry and want to do some tenor horn practice, but apart from that I will be concentrating on my family tree. I've been doing lots of research trying to find my paternal grandfather in the records, but so far no luck. I'm going to try a different approach today, working through some of the DNA links who have no obvious connection with my paternal grandmother or either of my maternal lines, and see if that shows up anything interesting ... fingers and everything else are crossed for a successful outcome!

Comments

  1. They're crossed here too, both for the family tree and for a speedy solvong of the band issue, whatever it is.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think it's unlikely that the band issue will be resolved quickly, but ...

      Delete
  2. Coordinating people's agendas can be a nightmare! Hope you will be able to resolve the band issue without a lot of trouble.

    Have fun researching your family tree. I watch a show on one of our public TV channels called Finding Your Roots, where they trace the family trees of selected celebrity guests. It's amazing what they discover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a similar programme - Who Do You Think You Are - which traces the trees of celebrities and the level of detail they find is fascinating.

      Delete
  3. Good morning Eileen,
    You have your busy time.
    I hope the reunion of the band members can have good results.
    I wish a great recipe with pumpkin;)) !!
    I also need to research paternal great-grandparents. Success for your research.
    Happy day
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ailime. The family tree research is progressing slowing but I still haven't found the person I'm looking for yet.

      Delete
  4. Great photo for SPSH - pretty outside. Do you know the history of this place? Yes arranging meetings how ever necessary can require a meeting itself (col). Good luck with a solution that works, it may not make everyone happy. It's funny you mention watching Friends, saw an interview yesterday with the woman involved with the production of the series, she's written a book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were built in 1861 and are now listed buildings but I don't know anything else about them.

      Usually we agree the date of the next meeting as the final item on the agenda so it's not too difficult to get all ten of us in the same room at the same time. However we're on the summer break so getting the four of us together for this extra meeting was not the easiest thing I've ever done. It's arranged now so I can relax!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts