Monday


I don't think much will get done today. I'm overtired. It's raining again. It's chilly.

It's still my staycation so I'm giving myself a day of doing nothing except reading, eating and sleeping. The weekend has caught up with me and to be honest, I'm too tired to do anything. I slept in until 9:30am, have eaten breakfast, and have been reading on and off since then. I'm ignoring the piles of uniform and name tags until tomorrow. I'm reading 'Bring Me Back' by B A Paris; I haven't read much but so far so good.

I don't need to worry about the garden today. It's rained through the night and twice already since I've been up, so I don't need to worry about watering the plants for a while. I did a quick weeding in between showers yesterday evening, so that's also fine for the rest of the week. 

Apart from the bits of sewing, which won't take any time at all, I only have two coffee dates arranged for this week so with the improved weather we've been promised, I have plans to spend this week in the garden. I've ordered some bulbs which should be here on Thursday and will need to be planted, so before they arrive I want to decide where they are all going. I need to finish clearing the remaining bed as some are definitely for that space, and some will go in pots, and then ... well, I need to get my creative head on and decide. Not an exercise for today though!

I also have to wash the spare bedding now my friends have disappeared back to their own homes but I'm waiting until tomorrow which is supposed to be rain free and I'll be able to dry everything outside rather than using the tumble dryer.

Comments

  1. I loved that book, enjoy your day of rest and reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying it so far ... can't put it down!

      Delete
  2. Just take it easy and relax in the knowledge that you have the time and space to do so.
    WHat bulbs have you ordered?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tulips (purple, pink and white), tete a tetes (yellow), crocus (yellow), alliums (purple) and muscari (white). I've been given a token so will get some more daffodils as well.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the book recommendation and thank you for sending us some rain, we have had 3 days of 1-2 hours of showers, my garden is most grateful. Enjoy your rest day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had enough of the rain now so I'm quite happy if you keep it for a while 😁

      Delete
  4. I think you are right to take the day off and just relax. Enjoy your book and have fun planning your garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed the book and didn't guess the trust at the end. It was s lovely, relaxing day ... just what I needed.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts