Friday


Yesterday's surprise activity was decorating gingerbread men with my friend's grandchildren when I looked after them for a couple of hours while my friend disappeared to deal with a family emergency. This is the only photo I took, thinking I'd wait until they'd finished more of them and then I'd take some more, but I just sort of blinked and when I looked again they had eaten most of them! This is my photo for the SPSH, no. 16| an out of season treat being enjoyed - decorating gingerbread men in August!

Today I'm back to the family tree research that was interrupted yesterday. It's slow going at the moment. Ancestry provides hints of possible records to do with people in your tree, sometimes the correct info but just as frequently there's no connection at all, so I'm working my way through a backlog of hints to attach the correct ones to individual's profile and delete the rest. It's taking ages!

A will be here later today to clean through the house which is good timing as tonight I have invited a group of friends round for a bring and share meal. It won't be a late night as I have an early start tomorrow - a group of us are playing at the wedding of a mutual friend's daughter. This will probably be the last time I play my flute in a public performance so the day will be emotional for all sorts of reasons. Let's hope the weather behaves!

Comments

  1. That's a great photo & good catch for SPSH. I hope that your evening is fun & that the wedding tomorrow has perfect weather that heralds in a long & happy marriage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knew you can buy gingerbread men decorating kits at this time of year! This was the prompt I was struggling with and was so pleased when my friend turned up with these to keep her grandchildren occupied.

      It's not looking too promising for good weather for tomorrow. The forecast is for constant rain over the next six days!

      Delete
  2. Have a fantastic time at the wedding.
    Love the photo. I bet they were delicious.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get to eat any. The kids sort of inhaled them!

      I'm a bit nervous about playing tomorrow but will be fine once we get started.

      Delete
  3. How fun to do gingerbread in the summer! I know my kids would love that! I love those record hints in Ancestry and Family Search too; they're pretty good at matching them up unless the person has a common name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids definitely enjoyed themselves with the gingerbread men.

      I haven't used Family Search for ages so thank you for reminding me about it. I'll try searching that site for my paternal grandfather and see if I can get started.

      Delete
  4. What a great photo for that particular prompt! Definitely an out of season treat being enjoyed!

    Have fun researching the family tree. It sounds rather complicated, but absorbing, too.

    Hope the weather forecast is wrong and there will be good weather for tomorrow's wedding! I'm sure your playing will be wonderful, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad to get that one ticked off the list as my other idea was to visit the Christmas Shop - nearly two hours drive to a shop that only sells Christmas things all through the year.

      The family tree is very absorbing. It goes through stages where new names are added in rapid succession and then it slows down and I can only seem to eliminate things rather that add new info.

      Today we've been told that we've had a month's worth of rain in a couple of hours. Tomorrow is likely to be the same but the wedding venue has a beautiful conservatory where the photos can be taken.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts