Friday

The most exciting thing to happen to me today is updating this blog! It's becoming clear that I need to focus on finding everyday life activities that encourage me to be more active, sociable and involved in my community.
apologies for the boring photo - this is my view as I sit here typing away 
I've been tied up all morning with admin, personal and band, and although I've been busy I don't seem to be making any noticeable dents in the to-do pile. The two urgent things have been dealt with though, so I can stop worrying about them now.

I've also realised that I've lost a week somewhere and need to finish reading the book group choice by this Monday not next as I thought. It's 'Foundation' by Isaac Asimov, which I started a few days ago but am still only three or four chapters into the book. It's slow going and, while I think it's a good book, I'm not really in the mood for this type of novel. Luckily it's not too long so if I make the effort tonight and tomorrow night, I should finish in time. We're forecast to have rain over the weekend so I doubt I'll want to go out anyway.

A (my cleaner) is here working her magic and as soon as she's finished I will take a break and get myself some lunch. It'll be something with mushrooms as I need to use them up today so maybe a risotto. 

This afternoon I'm hoping to get out for a walk. The short walks, together with sensible eating, are making a difference so for the time being I will keep going as I am. I know my starting weight and measurements but I'm not weighing myself at the moment, opting to go by how my clothes fit and how I feel in general. However, I did measure myself earlier in the week and have lost about 3cms off of each measurement, so I'm pleased with that and it has encouraged me to keep going. I'm pretty sure that most of it was down to fluid retention rather than any serious weight loss though!!

Right, I have to stop because A wants to hoover this room. Back tomorrow in a better mood and hopefully with something more interesting to write about!

Comments

  1. Oh a mushroom risotto sounds quite tasty. I quite like the idea of a day of nothing to do. I'm hoping that this holiday weekend is just that for me. Hope you have a good weekend & that you get through the pile of to do list items. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The risotto was very tasty and made a nice change. I hope you have a good holiday weekend.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you've been busy! I'm glad to hear that the walks and the sensible eating are making a noticeable difference. I hope you have a good rest of the day and the weekend ahead is a lovely one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to enjoy the walking, often only for 10 minutes or so, but I am feeling better as a result.

      Hope you have a lovely weekend too Bless.

      Delete
  3. Do you use a step counter? If so, have you reached the magic number of 10K in one day? I can’t seem to go over 8K steps in a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a FitBit but am not using it at present. When I used it last year I was regularly achieving 10K steps each day but currently probably only do about 4K per day.

      Delete
  4. I love mushroom risotto! It's delicious.
    You're coming to the end of your 'staycation' so maybe that's why things seem unexciting at present. Things will start again with the new term - your instrumental tuition, for a start - so perhaps that will help.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right. I was talking to other (adult) band members and they, like me, are ready to get back to the Saturday morning sessions. We've all missed it, and I too have missed doing the Monday lessons.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts