Wednesday & 73 things about me
|flowers and a box of liquorice allsorts (not pictured) from C & H |
to thank me for sewing the name tags on their new uniforms
I was at a bit of a loss to know what to write about today but Joy has come to the rescue with this meme:
1. What is your usual Starbuck’s order?
I've only recently start going into those sort of coffee places to meet with S, who is a coffee nut. We don't bother with Starbucks, although there is one in town, as S doesn't rate them! I can't have any dairy so my only choice wherever we go is a black coffee.
2. What does your workstation look like right now?
It's neat and tidy. I can't work if it is too messy so I tidy up as I go along. There is currently one pile of 'to do' tasks, a pile of stuff to be shredded, and a bit of filing to put away, all of which will be cleared from the table before I turn off the laptop and move onto other activities.
3. All-time favourite food?
Definitely curry, Indian not Chinese.
4. Favourite author?
That's a tricky one ... no one author springs to mind.
5. What do you think of open relationships?
I don't like the idea of them.
6. Favourite video game?
7. Guilty pleasure treat?
Having breakfast/brunch in a cafe. I don't do it very often but it feels like a really guilty treat when I do!
8. Favourite film?
The original Railway Children film where Jenny Agutter played Roberta. The scene at the end where her father returns and she cries out "Daddy, my Daddy" always get me!
9. Favourite book?
That's impossible to answer. I like the Harry Potter series but also liked the Millenium trilogy just as much. I just like reading!
10. Twitter or Instagram?
I have an Instagram account but haven't posted any photos yet. I don't use Twitter at all. Facebook is my social media platform of choice.
11. Desktop or laptop?
12. Best advice you’ve ever received?
13. What project are you working on right now?
Making a mini photo book for a friend
14. Favourite colour?
15. Did you get good grades at school?
I was okay in most subject except the sciences, which I now realise was due to fear of the teacher rather than lack of ability in the subjects. My claim to fame is that, in secondary school, I achieve 100% in every French test and exam for the five years I attended that school ... yet I can hardly remember any of it now!
16. Dream job?
17. Played any sports?
I was good enough at sport to be selected for the school teams but I'm not competitive enough to be a good team member. I enjoyed the game but wasn't that interested in winning.
18. Do you have a degree?
20. What is your favourite kind of blog post to do?
I just like writing about my day, posting photos, doing these sort of memes ... anything really.
21. What do you like to collect?
After so much effort decluttering the house I am trying to avoid collecting anything. Sheet music is my weakness though!
22. Describe yourself in 3 words?
Loyal, kind, shy
23. If you were a rapper what would your rapper name be?
No idea. I don't like rap, don't understand it at all.
24. Who was the last person you dmed?
If dm means 'direct message' the last person I texted was S about meeting later today.
25. What’s on the top of your wishlist right now?
I don't have a wishlist of things I want to acquire but do have a list of sorts about things I want to do/achieve. Top of that list at the moment is to be walking regularly with the aim of eventually joining a walking group.
26. Hogwarts House?
Gryffindor. Of course!
27. How many tattoos do you have?
28. What are you most grateful for this year?
The support of friends and family
29. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month?
Playing with friends to provide background music at a wedding reception.
30. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today?
Nothing yet, I haven't been up for long enough for anything to have happened!
31. What’s the best thing ever?
32. Favourite season?
I like the fact that I live in a country that experiences the different seasons. If I had to choose one, then probably spring but autumn would be a close second.
33. Favourite holiday?
The summer break from school. I think you'd have to be a teacher to experience the excitement of knowing you have six weeks of freedom ahead of you!
34. Which fictional character do you relate to most?
I don't relate to any of the characters so can't really answer this question
35. Do you like surprises?
36. What’s the biggest surprise you ever got?
Being award the trophy for supporting the youth band ... completely unexpected at the time.
37. What’s a surprise that’s made you cry?
A letter sent by the sister in charge of the ward where my late partner spent his last few months of life. After he died she wrote to me to tell me how he'd talked about me during those months and some of the things that he'd said.
38. What’s the best surprise you’ve ever given anyone?
Taking our friends and their four daughters to Legoland for the day.
39. Do you like muffins?
40. Do you cook often?
Yes, I like cooking.
41. What’s your favourite dessert?
Lemon meringue pie. Or fresh fruit salad, Or bread and butter pudding. Or ... I just like most desserts.
42. Is there a dessert you don’t like?
I don't really like chocolate ones
43. Cake or pie?
44. What’s your least favourite food?
Avocado and aubergines
45. What’s your favourite condiment?
46. It’s 4am on a Saturday night, what would you eat?
Probably toast with either peanut butter or marmite
47. If you could teach a college class what would it be called?
Probably something to do with local history or maybe an aspect of tracing your family tree.
48. Best animated film?
Jungle Book or Beauty and the Beast - the original animated versions, not the latest ones.
49. What has a guy done or said to impress you?
My late partner and how he approached the last years of his life knowing his condition was terminal
50. The best thing to do on a first date?
Meet in a public place for a meal and to talk. Go home alone!
51. The worst thing to do on a first date?
Anything you'd regret in the cold light of day
52. What’s the funniest pickup line a guy can use on a girl?
Pickup lines are never that funny.
53. Best comic book character?
I can remember going through a stage of loving The Four Marys in the Bunty comic.
54. What are the three things that are always in your bag?
My purse, medication, and keys. I regularly find spare mouthpieces as well!
55. Favourite drink?
I don't drink any alcohol. Water is my preferred choice, maybe flavoured with some cordial.
56. If you could play a historical character who would it be?
Bess of Hardwick
57. Kittens or puppies?
I'm not a pet person, so neither.
58. Favourite sushi roll?
I've eaten sushi but don't actually know what any of it was!
59. What kind of lipstick do you use?
I don't wear makeup
60. What kind of foundation do you use?
See previous answer
61. Blow-dry or air dry?
Definitely air dry. I have naturally curly hair which has a tendency to be frizzy anyway so I wouldn't add to the problem by blow-drying ... I'd end up looking like I'd chosen to wear an enormous brillo pad on my head!
62. Who is your fashion icon?
I don't really follow fashion.
63. Favourite Disney character?
Anna from Frozen of the more recent films, or Dopey from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
64. What are you doing tomorrow?
Gardening if it isn't too hot, or family tree research if I need to stay indoors.
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through?
'Yesterday' was the most recent film with lots of laughs but I can't say I laughed the hardest through it.
66. Movie that made you cry?
A Wonderful Life
67. If you could sing a duet with someone who would it be?
My mum. A part of my childhood which would be lovely, but impossible, to do it again.
68. If your life was a song what would the title be?
What a wonderful world
69. What’s your favourite animal?
70. Favourite illustrator?
There's too many to choose from.
71. The person you want to have coffee with?
Queen Elizabeth II. Stephen Fry. Sandi Toksvig. Alan Davies.
72. What’s the country you wish to visit?
China. USA. Italy. Iceland.
73. Best way to decompress?
Reading. Playing an instrument. Listening to music. Walking.
I haven't tagged anyone but please feel to join in if you wish.