Sunday


The garden is moving too quickly towards the change of seasons as some of the shrubs in pots start to display their autumn colours. 

I had a lovely day yesterday at the wedding. It didn't rain so the photos were taken out by the lake, the bride looked so beautiful and the little bridesmaids were adorable. We performed in the conservatory for almost two hours after the wedding breakfast and before the evening do. I'm pleased with how we played, a beautiful location and a happy occasion for our final performance together.

We arrived back at mine just after 2am so my friends spent the night, what was left of it, at mine. This morning the discussion led to the question of whether we should continue to play together. I was expecting this as I know P and E would be happy to keep going but K isn't sure and I don't want to. We left it that they will look for other players to join them and that I will help out on the odd occasion providing it doesn't clash with my youth band commitments. 

They left mid afternoon and I settled down to write this post, only to be interrupted by the doorbell announcing the arrival of my nephew and family to deliver C and H's new school uniforms for me to sew on the name tags. They are off camping for four days now so I hope the weather improves for them. 

They stayed for half an hour, so I'm back to writing this post. When I've finished I'll cook my evening meal - pork chop, roasties, runner beans, Savoy cabbage, garden peas, and gravy - and then settle down for an evening of reading, TV, and I'll probably make a start on the name tags. 

Comments

  1. I'm so glad the weather turned out well for the wedding and you enjoyed playing your last performance together as a group. That was a long day, wasn't it? You mentioned your friends were coming to pick you up at 8:00 a.m. Glad your friends stayed the night and went later in the afternoon. Your meal sounds very good, with lots of vegetables. Hope you had a pleasant evening. Have a lovely day, tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so good, sewing on name tags for others!
    I'm delighted that your last 'official' day playing together went so very well and I have no doubt you gave considerable pleasure to everyone. It sounds as if you have come to a good compromise with the others too.

    Have a lovely day. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts