Wednesday


I spent yesterday afternoon in the garden as planned. I didn't get as much of the clearing finished as I'd hoped but did complete the tidying up and deadheading at the front of the house. In the back garden the crocosmia are almost finished for this year, just a few brave petals have survived the recent high winds so it won't be long before they can be tidied up as well.

I'll carry on in the back garden this morning and I'd like to deal with the pots today. There are eleven pots on the shady side of the patio and only three of them will be staying there but the contents of those three need to be replanted in to the three biggest pots. The rest of the pots can then be placed around the garden, or moved to the sunny side of the patio and I just have to decide where to place them. 

After lunch I am going out for a couple of hours to meet S for coffee, and then I hope to carry on in the garden when I get back. I'd like to get the bulk of the work finished today so that I'm ready when the bulbs are delivered tomorrow. I still have to decide where to place all the bulbs but I can do that indoors when it is too dark to work outside. 

I Skyped with friends last night, trying to arrange a mini holiday together. We can't get together before Christmas so we're investigating renting an apartment in London for a few days some time in the new year. We've left it that we'll check through events to see what we fancy doing and that will dictate the date of the mini break but definitely before Easter, so that's something to look forward to for next year.

Comments

  1. Sounds like you had a productive day in the garden, yesterday. Hope you'll accomplish all what you want to do in the garden today in preparations for the bulb planting. A visit to London with friends in the new year sounds like a fun thing to do. I visited London a couple of times in the 80s and tried to cram in as many sights as I could manage! I'm sure it has changed quite a bit, since then. Enjoy your afternoon coffee with S; hope you have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't manage to work in the garden this morning as I had a text informing me that the bulbs would be delivered today between 9am and 1pm. I can't hear the doorbell in the back garden so I stayed indoors and cleaned out some of the kitchen cupboards instead. I'm off to meet S in about an hour and will work in the garden when I get home.

      London is one of my favourite places to visit. I wouldn't want to live there but have loved every single time I've been there.

      Delete
  2. Thank you... For your good wishes...

    ✨🍑✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I hope you're feeling better x

      Delete
  3. I think being a tourist in London would be wonderful. I've seen so many wonderful photos on the blogs of London at Christmas/New Year time - now that would be a treat. Happy planting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love London. Ced knew London so well and we spent a lot of time together there. As you say, Christmas is a wonderful time to be there. I'm looking forward to planning our trip.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts