Saturday

I'll start with a possible for the SPSH. This is for No 9, Something that starts with the initial of your name (first or last) - E for Eileen and egg! This was a complete accident as I dropped my one and only egg on the floor but why waste a photo opportunity as well as an egg! I will take the one I had planned but will need to wait for the next supermarket delivery.


I won the choir quiz last night, coming first with a score of 50 out of 71. The weekly free musical was cancelled in support of Black Lives Matter and they are advertising The Wiz for next week so I assume that the cancelled show, Peter Pan Live! will no longer be shown.  So instead I spent most of the evening texting with my sister and puzzling my way through the street quiz - all answers were drinks, alcoholic and non-alcoholic.

I took my photos in the garden for 5 in 5 yesterday but will need to take them again. I knew at the time it was too windy and all of them are blurred so I will try again before Tuesday which is when the gardener is scheduled to start work.

We're promised rain from lunchtime but I don't want to go out anyway. I've been doing some exercise every day, mostly following YouTube videos, so will do that next and then I think it'll be a day of reading and listening to music. Jo @ Through the Keyhole recommended The Wish List by Ruby Hummingbird so I downloaded it to my Kindle yesterday, have read about a third of it already and am loving it. It's one of those books where I want to know what happens so can't put it down - I'm sure to finish it today.

Comments

  1. I'm looking forward to The Wiz which I've never seen.
    Like you, rain is due here midday and I intend staying local rather than going to allotment - it doesn't need watering anyway.
    I love can't put down books - I hope the ending is as satisfying as the reading. :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From the look of the garden we had rain during the night as well.

      I haven't seen the stage version of The Wiz either although I have vague recollections of a film version starring Michael Jackson and Diana Ross.

      It's the first time in absolutely ages that I've looked forward to just sitting down with a good book that I want to keep reading. It's one of those where I want to know what happens but don't want it to end.

      Delete
  2. Sorry about your egg, but I did chuckle ... dropped egg, oh well a good photo op! You do think like a scrapbooker! Congrats on winning the quiz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really looking forward to a soft boiled egg for my breakfast as well! I used to do a bit of scrapbooking so have obviously retained an important skill 😂

      Delete
  3. It was a fabulous photo opportunity. I like your egg-only-half-cracked attitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too good to be missed! Breakfast was rather disappointing though!

      Delete
  4. Oh, too bad about the egg, but, you managed to turn it into a photo opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ... but I'd rather have eaten it 🥴

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts