Monday

After a lovely quiet weekend it's back to my weekly routine except today I want to try a different approach. I'm going to tackle all my week's cleaning chores this morning, once I've uploaded some photos in another post. In theory I should be able to clean all the bathrooms and hoover/wash the floors in that timeframe but, we'll see. I'll make a start on the laundry as well, starting with changing the bed.

I've found my non-fiction book for June (Diversify Your Reading Challenge). I follow the Weird Bristol Instagram account which posts quirky facts about places and historical events in Bristol and the author of that account has written a book, strangely enough also called Weird Bristol, which I added to my Kindle yesterday. It's full of the quirky, odd, and surprising, and the best thing is that the information is arranged as ten separate walks (or one very long one!) so it's possible to walk around the city to see all the different places. I'll have to settle for reading the book for now but guess what I'll be doing when lockdown is a distant memory?

This afternoon is set aside for reading, a 15 minute walk, and watching the third Monty Don programme. It's choir practice tonight when we'll be singing Let the river run, Sisi Sote, Hold back the river, and Hushabye Mountain. 

When choir is over I'll choose a film to watch. I watched Matthew Bourne's Nutcracker last night (interesting but I prefer the traditional version) so I may watch his version of Swan Lake with male corps de ballet which I know I like, or may flick through Netflix and see what I can find.

Comments

  1. Sounds like you have Monday all nicely planned and organized! Let me know how getting all the cleaning done in one go works out for you. That sounds like an interesting book to read and you'll have the walk to look forward to. :) Hope your day goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worked quite well doing all the cleaning in one go but I'm not sure whether it's a good idea for me. Splitting the chores over three days is my preference as this makes me be more active on three days which I think is better for me.

      The book is fascinating and I'd like to do something similar around Trowbridge when it's safe to do so.

      Delete
  2. It sounds a very organised and productive day - good for you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've run out of energy now but the house looks immaculate 😁😁

      Delete
  3. Trying to get several cleaning chores done in a day suits me better somehow. I'm not on Instagram, but I'm involved in a reading challenge. It helps me branch out a bit more or I tend to read the same types of things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think doing all the cleaning on one day will be fine for normal times, but currently where I'm confined to home doing something every day adds a period of being active ... something I definitely need!

      Delete
    2. I have my exercises :) I've really grown to enjoy exercising, which really helps in these stay-at-home days.

      Delete
    3. I'm hoping I will get to enjoy exercising but I'm not quite there yet!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts