Friday

Yesterday was a wash out! Nothing went according to plan but despite that I had a good day. I did get to the garage so the tyre pressure is sorted and the fuel tank is full - I'm giving myself a pat on the back for that ... pathetic, I know! J suggested that next time I go to the 24 hour garage in town where I can pay at the pump and it'll be easier to choose a quiet time - definitely a better option and I don't know why I didn't think of it myself.

I got the garage ordeal over and done with first thing then went back home to place the ads on eBay, which took absolutely ages. I don't know if it's a broadband issue, a problem with my laptop or to do with the eBay site but every single action took an age and the screen kept freezing. It's done now though so I just have to sit back and wait for the bids to roll in.

The planned jolly trip was shelved for another day. Weather wise it was drab, chilly, and windy and a few drops of rain around lunchtime made the decision for me. As it turned out those few raindrops were it for the day but by then I was settled on the sofa with a warm snuggle blanket for my alternative mood buster which was watching the musical screened on BBC2, 'Newsies: The Broadway Musical', which I wouldn't have thought of seeing in the theatre but actually thoroughly enjoyed it.

I was hoping to walk over to the marina later in the afternoon but neighbours advised against it; they'd abandoned their walk as there were too many people about. I'll wait now until Monday as I am expecting there to be more people about over the weekend and I know there is to be a protest in the People's Park in town in support of the 'black lives matter' movement - let's hope they observe social distancing but if it's anything like the protests in London, I very much doubt it.

It was supposed to be the online quiz last night but we decided against it as J was working and I wasn't feeling 100%. We're hoping to meet up next week for a socially distanced chat which will be lovely if we can make it happen.

This is my latest offering for the SPSH - No 3 | something with the colours of your county's flag, which for me has to be the red, white and blue of the Union Flag. This is the only thing I could find at home to fit the brief - the salt and pepper pots from the Carlton Walking Ware range. 



So today will be spent in the safety of my home. I have an idea for some 5 in 5 photos which will also double up for the SPSH as well so I'll aim to get those done this morning.

The old laptops will be collected at lunchtime (so that's 3 items leaving the house and maybe 4 if they want all my spare cables as well).

This afternoon I will put a couple of hours into checking through the family tree research as I hope to share this via Zoom with my niece next week. I want a quick refresh of the names and also look out the people with the 'stories' to make it more interesting for her - one murder, one sheep stealer, one foundling, one imbecile (they didn't mince their words in those days 😂) and a sailor who really did appear to have a wife in every port! 

It's the choir quiz at 6pm, and afterwards I'll watch this week's musical, which is Peter Pan Live! 

In between all the 'big' activities I'll keep myself out of mischief by working on the jigsaw puzzle, reading, and watching Monty Don's TV programme, Big Dreams Small Spaces.

Comments

  1. I have to smile at the salt and pepper pots. Very cute!
    It doesn't really sound like a washout yesterday - you did quite a lot really. Staying in and keeping warm was wise - me too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some egg cups from the Walking Ware set as well. Ced planned a collection of these just before this diagnosis so the collection never really happened. I treasure these though.

      Delete
  2. I think you sound really busy and the weather has gone back to winter so hibernation time again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just plan enough to feel that the day isn't wasted. Sometimes I stick to it and sometimes not but it helps deal with the loneliness if I have some idea of how I can fill the day.

      Delete
  3. Those salt'n peppper shakers are so cute! Sometimes in life, Plan B or C work out better than Plan A. Sounds like a colourful family story ... we apparently had a horse thief in my paternal side of the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been spending some time investigating the family tree in more depth because it's these story which bring it to life. I discovered the online newspapers which has provided plenty of additional detail.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you had a very productive day, even if it didn't go quite according to plans. Hope you are feeling better, today (you mentioned not feeling 100%). Those salt and pepper shakers are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just needed an early night to ward off a migraine. I'm fine today, thanks.

      You'll like the egg cups as well. I was planning to use them for tomorrow's photo but a slight accident with my one and only egg put paid to that idea for now ... you'll see what happened tomorrow!

      Delete
  5. I like your salt and pepper. I find these protests very worrying and I was very distressed to see on Facebook that a distant relative took part (my dad’s cousin’s granddaughter!) I am increasingly thinking that a lot of youngsters think they are immune from this virus but their ability to carry it concerns me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you about the protests. My friends daughters were planning to go to one and it really upset me ... not that they want to protest but the threat from the virus. For the safety of everyone, it's time to find another way to protest.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts