Lifestyle Goals: Monthly Review for June 2020


Here is my update for June, stating my goals and the bullet-pointed task list that I'll tackle during the month to help achieve the goal. Last month's ratings are shown in black and the start of the current month is shown in yellow.

My goal is to achieve a lifestyle where I can honestly say that I LIVE A FULFILLED LIFE [8][8.5]To achieve this I want to focus on the sub-goals shown in bold text. 

These are the sub-goals where I have achieved the maximum rating. Each sub-goal still requires a degree of effort to maintain that rating but I feel I have developed the habits to support this.
  • I am financially secure and am completely debt free [10][10]
  • I take an active role in my local community, and have strong bonds with family and friends [10][10]
  • My home is always clean and tidy [10][10]
  • I have a positive outlook on life and am benefiting by avoiding bouts of depression and keeping my emotional well being at a healthy level [10][10]

I have revised my ratings on the following sub-goal:
  • I make best use of my time to lead a full and productive life [8.5][9] I've changed the rating as I'm somehow getting things done. My Big List of tasks that seemed impossibly long is now nearing completion so although I haven't quite worked out how, I am being productive as and when it matters. I think the 'as and when' part of that sentence is the most important - I am retired, life has slowed down due to the pandemic, and I am learning that I don't need to be productive 100% of the time ... sometimes it is fine to just 'be'!
  • My garden is always tidy and presentable [6][7.5] I have Danielle and I have a plan. What more can I say! 
  • I live life now, in the moment [8.5][9]  The slower pace of life has made this so much easier to achieve. I am learning to fully enjoy however I have chosen to occupy my time.

The ratings haven't changed for the following sub goals and are the ones that still require improvement. 

  • I eat sensibly and healthily and am benefiting by losing weight and experiencing increased energy levels [9][9] On the whole I eat sensible and healthily so I now need to focus on losing weight. 
  • I lead an active life, benefiting from increased fitness and improvements in my general health [7][7] This continues to be the aspect of life that I am most concerned about. I can exercise (with caution) so have to get back to the discipline of daily exercise.
  • I strive to remove my attachment to material things [9][9] I think I am nearly at an end with the decluttering - it's sorted and separated, ready to sell/donate/dispose but the final stage will have to wait until my own lockdown arrangements are relaxed.

My focus word for 2020 is simplify and I am starting by working my way through the house to remove excess, unused, and unwanted items. My SMART tasks (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Timely) are all to do with simplifying life: 

My SMART tasks for June were:
  1. Monitor the food situation at home and meal plan to make best use of supplies  - ONGOING
  2. Complete the photo file organisation - ACHIEVED
  3. Remove at least 20 items (sell, dispose or recycle) - ACHIEVED (although the majority of the items are still in the garage awaiting disposal when I feel it is safe to go the the recycling yard and the charity shops)
  4. Order additional pots for the garden - POSTPONED until the main planting is completed
  5. minimum of 15 minutes of exercise daily - 40% SUCCESSFUL. I'm still struggling with joint pain so exercising every day is not happening. I need a different approach but don't know what yet.

My SMART tasks for July are:
  1. Monitor the food situation at home and meal plan to make best use of supplies  - ongoing
  2. Complete the initial garden plan to discuss with Danielle - by 6th July 2020
  3. Contact the reclamation yard to see if they are interested in buying the studio lights, etc. - by 31st July 2020
  4. Assess finances and revise budget - by 31st July 2020
  5. minimum of 15 minutes of exercise  three times a week - ongoing

Comments

  1. You are doing so well on your goals and sub-goals, Eileen. They have all increased or stayed the same, nothing decreased! Well done! Plus, you achieved two of your SMART tasks, too! I hope you continue to be successful in July, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In many ways life seems easier and better now that things have slowed down so much. Obviously the very real health threat and the catastrophic impact on lifestyles with all that lockdown involves are not the way I want things to be but it is my life for now and the foreseeable future. It has given me an opportunity to realise what's important, to establish new routines and to know what I'll carry with me into the next stage of life.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts