Monday

I haven't looked out the window yet but the forecast is for sun, no rain, so I am off adventuring for an hour or so this morning. It'll either be Westbury White Horse (but it may still be too wet after yesterday's downpour) or Corsham (where I can park and walk straight through to pathways crisscrossing a huge expanse of parkland - I think it belongs to Corsham Court). The housework is postponed, probably until tomorrow as I doubt I'll want to do it when I get back. 

I have some shredding to do this afternoon, and then I need to make a start on my next mini project. I will finish the filing boxes first but that will take hardly any time at all and then I want to continue sorting through my clothes. There's another charity kerbside collection tomorrow so that'll be a good way of disposing of another load of stuff.  

It's choir practice tonight. Despite the fact that life is undoubtedly lived at a slower pace and days can sometimes drag, the weeks are whizzing by. It seems only yesterday that we had the last practice but maybe that's an age thing rather than anything to do with the monotony of lockdown!

Comments

  1. The forecast indicates a really lovely week ahead so enjoy your adventures and have many of them!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today's adventure turned into a drive round rather than actually going somewhere but it's done me good and raised my spirits. Next one will be on Wednesday.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your adventuring. Don't forget to take lots of photos to share with those of us who aren't able to visit those spots! Sounds like you've a busy day planned! Hope you accomplish all you've planned to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Bless, I didn't take any photos today as I ended up just going for a drive round - it was busier out than I was expecting. It's nearly 1pm as I write this and I have finished the shredding and sorted out a bag of clothing for the collection. I'm about to have lunch and will settle down to read this afternoon.

      Delete
  3. I've had a good weekend catch up - your clematis is such a pretty colour, hopefully your new gardener will find the perfect spot in the garden. Oh I do hope you have been successful in your adventure out this morning, I may follow your lead & plan for a jaunt out tomorrow when this oppressive heat/humidity break. I'm definitely in the camp of, housework can wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Housework is tomorrow ... maybe. The gardener is due tomorrow so I will be able to see what she thinks about the clematis. It's be nice to have it at the other end of the garden so I can see it from the house - at the moment it's growing against the back wall of the house so I only see it when I go out in the garden.

      Delete
  4. Adventuring sounds like fun. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't quite go as expected but I enjoyed my time out of the house.

      Delete
    2. We have to be flexible in our expectations these days lol I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

      Delete
    3. That's true and thank you, I had a lovely time.

      Delete
  5. Hi Eileen,
    I enjoyed hearing about your news this Monday.
    Walking in the parks is wonderful. I love.
    I wish that you organize your clothes for donation (excellent) and that the practice of the choir is rewarding.
    Have a good week, healthy.
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went for a drive instead of a walk but I sorted out a bag of clothes for the charity collection, so that's all done. Choir practice has just finished - we're learning new songs which I am really enjoying.

      Delete
  6. Go to make the most of the sun! I've been getting out early as it's been so hot it has been horrible to walk even mid morning. Hope you had an enjoyable day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not that hot here but we had sunshine all day. I've had a lovely day, thanks.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts